PDA

View Full Version : early christmas present

cheezyflier
November 14th, 2008, 13:57
she is here! her name is sophie, but i almost named her squeek:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/sophie.jpg

Cratermaker
November 14th, 2008, 14:01
Nice! My cat's name is Sophie and she is a Calico, so the colors even match! :mixedsmi:

EgoR64
November 14th, 2008, 16:21
:wavey:

Nice markings, ahh Beagle !!

Cheers !!

GT182
November 14th, 2008, 16:32
Nice lookin pup Cheezy. May all the neighborhood rabbits be aware, there's a new pooch on the block. And I know your new job title.... Poo Picker. Mike Rowe will be proud, you've joined Dirty Jobs. ;)

I have 4 animals to pick up poo from.... 2 dogs and 2 cats. Plus skimming fish poo out of the Koi pond from 30 fish.

Ain't life grand? :d :costumes:

Tako_Kichi
November 14th, 2008, 16:42
May all the neighborhood rabbits be aware, there's a new pooch on the block.
LOL...I don't think there are many wild rabbits in downtown 'Hog Town'. :costumes:

Nice pup Cheezy, hopefully the neighbours won't mind too much when she starts 'singing'. :isadizzy:

Railrunner130
November 14th, 2008, 18:01
We got a beagle from a rescue over the summer. He's very much a handsome devil.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/Railrunner130/DSC_1994a.jpg

Though he does have some issues we are going to work on with a trainer very soon. He does have a black back, although a chunk of it disappeared when the winter coat came in.

cheezyflier
November 14th, 2008, 18:36
Nice lookin pup Cheezy. May all the neighborhood rabbits be aware, there's a new pooch on the block. And I know your new job title.... Poo Picker. Mike Rowe will be proud, you've joined Dirty Jobs. ;)

there is a rabbit right here in the living room who doesn't seem to fond of her, although sofie doesn't seem to care one way or the other. (so far)
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/cookingbunz.jpg

as for being on "turd patrol" it's not a new job to me, although it's been a few years since i had a dog.

Nice pup Cheezy, hopefully the neighbours won't mind too much when she starts 'singing'. :isadizzy:

so far she has been totally silent. that's why i couldn't name her squeek like i wanted to. however, she hasn't been in the house half a day yet and she's already used to being spoiled by my wife, i can see me losing my spot on the couch soon.....

railrunner, nice looking dog! i didn't know their coats could change colors. is that normal?

OBIO
November 14th, 2008, 22:03
Good looking Beagle.

Poo Picker Extraordinaire is my job title. 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, 3 fish tanks (2 55-gallon and a 38-gallon). The fish poo isn't so bad as it gets sucked out with a hose, but the ferrets....they sleep, they wake up, they poo, they eat, they play for 10 minutes, then go back to sleep, wake up 8 hours later, poo, eat, play, sleep, poo, eat....it's all they do.

OBIO

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2008, 22:24
Beautiful. What a wonderful thing to receive for Christmas. Unconditional love. :applause:

cheezyflier
November 15th, 2008, 01:53
Good looking Beagle.

but the ferrets....they sleep, they wake up, they poo, they eat, they play for 10 minutes, then go back to sleep, wake up 8 hours later, poo, eat, play, sleep, poo, eat....it's all they do.

OBIO
i have a buddy with a ferret. very curious and cool animal. one day his wife saw it take a maxi pad from the box in the bathroom and go running off down the hall. over the next 5 years or so she would occasionally see this same thing. one day my buddy notices the lining under the box spring is pulled down so he gets the staple gun, flips the mattress off the bed and over turns the box spring. can you guess what is next? HUNDREDS OF PADS stored in the box spring! they filled 2 green garbage bags! :costumes:

Beautiful. What a wonderful thing to receive for Christmas. Unconditional love. :applause:

i agree! unconditional love was the very first christmas present \o/ (on a much bigger scale than a puppy of course)

wombat666
November 15th, 2008, 03:45
cheezy, she's a real cutie!
Nice markings as well.
BTW, my wife's name is Sophie ......your Beagle will be a handful if she takes after 'my' Sophie!
:d

Railrunner130, that is one great looking Beagle!
And he knows it as well!
What sort of cretin abandons such a handsome little dog, good thing there are people such as yourself who care.
:applause:

GT182
November 15th, 2008, 06:13
Cheezy, turd patrol or not, they are a lot of fun and great companionship. Enjoy. :d

Toastmaker
November 15th, 2008, 06:35
i have a buddy with a ferret. very curious and cool animal. one day his wife saw it take a maxi pad from the box in the bathroom and go running off down the hall. over the next 5 years or so she would occasionally see this same thing. one day my buddy notices the lining under the box spring is pulled down so he gets the staple gun, flips the mattress off the bed and over turns the box spring. can you guess what is next? HUNDREDS OF PADS stored in the box spring! they filled 2 green garbage bags! :costumes:

i agree! unconditional love was the very first christmas present \o/ (on a much bigger scale than a puppy of course)

Nice point !!

exc141ac
November 15th, 2008, 07:37
Had a couple of beagles --
nothing cutter than a beagle puppy,
BUT -- when the nose goes down,
and the brain disengages!

MCDesigns
November 15th, 2008, 15:02

Never could understand why people use that term with animals (my ex wife did all the time). In most cases, you stop feeding them, they will go where the food is and stay where they are being treated better.

Though more a cat person myself, she is a cutie. great Xmas gift (I like Squeek better, LOL)

Navy Chief
November 15th, 2008, 15:19
Beautiful Beagle, Cheezy. Michael, I guess in a way, we want to believe the "unconditional love" part, but I suppose I do agree with you somewhat.

I want to think my Rottweiler, "Chief" wouldn't just be the way he is with just anyone. But the fact is he loves everyone. Well, maybe not Possums; but everything else.....

NC

Railrunner130
November 15th, 2008, 18:41
railrunner, nice looking dog! i didn't know their coats could change colors. is that normal?

Thanks!

Yes, in my experience with the three beagles within our family, their color changes when they switch from summer to winter coats and vice versa. It seems to only be on their back and (I think) only in the black patches. For winter, they go salt and pepper with some brown thrown in. I don't know if this is for all beagles or just some. In the spring, the black color returns.

Lionheart
November 15th, 2008, 22:13
Nice dogs with good eyes...

Congrats CF! Merry Christmas on the new adopted one.

:ernae:

Bill