PDA

View Full Version : Strange Graphics Phenomenon

IanHenry
June 5th, 2010, 12:23
I have rather a strange problem with one of my aircraft, namely the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 Turbo. Although I don’t have any problems with frame rates with the aircraft the scenery around you looks constantly blurry. I have a few other Eaglesoft aircraft (Liberty XL2, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Columbia</st1:City></st1:place> 400 turbo and Piper Twin Comanche) and none of those has this problem, indeed no other aircraft in my hanger cause this to happen.
Maybe I should have posted this on the Eaglesoft forum, but I have noticed that a few questions over there have been getting rather curt and unhelpful replies.

Regards,
Ian.

stiz
June 5th, 2010, 14:24
does it sharpen up if you hit pause?? is so then its most likely that the plane is useing more cpu power than other planes and the scenerys getting slowed down .. like if you fly a jet fast over vfr scenery sorta thing

spotlope
June 5th, 2010, 15:04
My first thought was the same as Stiz's -- blurry ground textures are a sign of a system that's being overdriven. The glass cockpit in the Cirrus hits the frames a little harder than analog gauges, so that could have something to do with it. You might try turning down your autogen or traffic just to lighten the load and see if that helps.

N400QW
June 5th, 2010, 15:41
Another tip is the Cirrus has a large radius to the model to accomodate the chute. On the prefight gauge is button to zoom closer further which may help this condition.
Drop over and post. We won't bite...:salute:

IanHenry
June 5th, 2010, 23:22
Thanks for your replies. No the blurry’s don’t go away if you press pause, and the Cirrus has a similar glass cockpit too the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Columbia</st1:place></st1:City> 400 and that gives no problems.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I have my frames locked at 30 fps and the Cirrus maintains this without any problems.<o:p></o:p>
I will check out the pre flight panel to see if that helps.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Many Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

mal998
June 6th, 2010, 05:12
In the old FS9 days, we encountered the same kind of problem with blurry ground textures only when we flew certain aircraft. We eventually found out that it had to do with a couple of aircraft textures and mipmaps being turned on or off, I can't remember which. But as I recall it was an easy fix.