PDA

View Full Version : Greener than grass

Helldiver
June 5th, 2010, 05:09
I located my old copy of MSTS and dusted it off. I've now got it installed. It might be kind of old. I noticed it was written for Microsoft Windows 2000. They're been five versions of Windows since.
So I would guess that she is at least 15 years old.
Anyway, I'm a green as grass about MSTS but now there is a renewed interest and people to talk to, I think I'll go with it. Especially since I notice Henry is interested.
Flight Simulator is full of "experts" that read a book and then tell me how it was in WWII.
At least there's honesty in trains. I'm running it in Windows 7 in 64 bit and it seems to be happy.
Are there other trains sites out there?

Gramps
June 5th, 2010, 16:07
Hey HD,

I think you an me are the only ones here still usin MSTS,LOL. Yeah, MSTS seems to like win7x64 on my rig too.

If ya wanna really get into msts, check out my sticky "msts must haves". There's a few things you need to get for it. Will improve the game alot.

As far as other sites, there are many,lol. But check out www.trainsim.com (http://www.trainsim.com) . Very big file library an a purty good forum too.

If ya get ready to get a few payware products let me know. I can steer ya in the right direction.

I posted some links to some sites (both freeware an payware) in one of the threads here, but can't remember which one it was.

Helldiver
June 5th, 2010, 19:48
Well thank you Gramps, I really appreciate the help. There just one little bit that has me confounded and that's having to put in a disk everytime I want to run the consarn thing. That disk will soon be rubble, putting in and out all the time. Stupid idea someone had. It's too bad someone hasn't come up with a work around like they did in FS2004 (FS@004)

Gramps
June 5th, 2010, 20:18
Install the updates that I posted in the sticky.........................problem will resolved,lol.

Helldiver
June 6th, 2010, 02:50
Thanx a gross assorted!