PDA

View Full Version : Seat height ... I can't see deck!

delta_lima
June 4th, 2010, 19:36
Sorry - bad pun ...

Is there a way, as in FS9 (shift+/shift-) to adjust seat heights? I'm finding that when I'm coming about a boat in CFS2, especially in some birds like the Sea Fury, that I'm unable to see virtually at all. I try the Royal Navy curved approach, but even still....

Many thanks!

dl

OleBoy
June 4th, 2010, 19:54
Try,

shift/enter = up
shift/backspace = down

bobhegf
June 5th, 2010, 00:24
I just tried it it doesn`t work.

Jagdflieger
June 5th, 2010, 09:01
CFS 2 controls your view from the panel.cfg file in the 2d panel and from the aircraft.cfg file for the VC. You have to hand edit to move your view up, down or to the rear. Unfortunately, changing your view will also change your weapon's zero.

Many FS 8 and FS 9 aircraft that are converted using their original 2d panels have view problems in CFS 2. You might try a CFS 2 specific 2d panel in your plane and copy the original panel's VC guage info into it to solve your problem. I've done this with several converted aircraft to get my view to liking as well as to zero my weapons.

Aircraft.cfg file (VC view):

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.5,0.0,0.0
;First number = Fore and Aft
;second number= Deflection or Horizontal
;Third number= Verticle

Panel.cfg file (2d Panel):

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.6, 0.0, 0.0
;First number = Elevation
;second number= Deflection
;Third number= Fore and Aft

delta_lima
June 5th, 2010, 16:42
CFS 2 controls your view from the panel.cfg file in the 2d panel and from the aircraft.cfg file for the VC. You have to hand edit to move your view up, down or to the rear. Unfortunately, changing your view will also change your weapon's zero.

Many FS 8 and FS 9 aircraft that are converted using their original 2d panels have view problems in CFS 2. You might try a CFS 2 specific 2d panel in your plane and copy the original panel's VC guage info into it to solve your problem. I've done this with several converted aircraft to get my view to liking as well as to zero my weapons.

Aircraft.cfg file (VC view):

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.5,0.0,0.0
;First number = Fore and Aft
;second number= Deflection or Horizontal
;Third number= Verticle

Panel.cfg file (2d Panel):

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.6, 0.0, 0.0
;First number = Elevation
;second number= Deflection
;Third number= Fore and Aft

Thanks J,

I'll sub out the "stock" Sea Fury Panel with Morton's, and see if that improves the situation - otherwise, I'll be editing the cfg, as per your suggestion. Reminds me of the RCBCO carrier gauge programming exercise ... :)

peperez
June 8th, 2010, 04:29
Thanks J,

I'll sub out the "stock" Sea Fury Panel with Morton's, and see if that improves the situation - otherwise, I'll be editing the cfg, as per your suggestion. Reminds me of the RCBCO carrier gauge programming exercise ... :)

Using CfgEdit, a freeware tool, you can set the start position. It's easier and safer. It commands the last lines of the panel.cfg file. Here are the numbers for the SAI SS 4:

Original
[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=4908

Modified
[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=4989

The second number sets the height. The other method, showed by Jagdflieger, sets the VC height.

Cheers

Pepe