PDA

View Full Version : Okay, No Test Pilots, So Ya Get What Ya Pay For......

Devildog73
June 3rd, 2010, 16:25
Oh, I forgot, this stuff is free! :bump:

I got 8 Neel Kearby missions completed and (I think) ready to upload to testers. It is not yet the full Kearby portion of the Aces High Campaign, but it is 22 December 1943 and he is KIA on 5 March 1944.

Yeah, I know, I got sidetracked from Bong and McGuire. I was working them, but then I had trouble with the mission that Tommy Lynch buys the farm and just could not go on with that campaign for a while until I figure out Lynch and Bong on that one. One would think that just two P-38Js and a few IJN barges would be easy.........NOT SO when you are flying wing and your lead gets flamed. CFS2 is not really set up for that. Any of you real mission guru's want to tackle the mission for me? I will send you what I have and include a detailed description of what has to happen.

Rami
June 3rd, 2010, 16:39
Devildog,

I have too many projects cooking to help...but....I'll sticky this to see if we can hook a few fish.

captmercy
June 3rd, 2010, 19:59
Would be most proud to beta ur missions about my uncles squadron my uncles son has the first name of Kearby and was wounded fighting for our country as a marine in Vietnam.

Jagdflieger
June 4th, 2010, 04:26
DD,

I tried to get a solid kill on a lead plane by using the percent dammage option, but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

Perhaps making an enhanced DP for a mission specific Daihatzu barge would work. Give it enough fire power and it would surely knockdown a P-38. Set the lead P-38 up as a seperate flight and spawn it well ahead of the player plane near the super barge and watch it get knocked down.

Devildog73
June 4th, 2010, 17:28
Jagd, I had not thought of that.
I have been spawning most of my AI aircraft lately with much success.
I will give that a go!

CaptMercy,

Send me a PM with your email and I will get the missions to you.
BTW, your uncle is flying the 2nd flight of Jugs each and every mission.
Most of the time his flight is AIRES. You don't happen to know what his flights callsigns were?
I can add them to the callsign dat.

Semper Fidelis

dvslats
June 4th, 2010, 18:19
Just thinking here...an untested idea.

Maybe you could use TR's SAM's.

Make the textures invisible for them (alpha .bmp's), remove the rocket motor fx's, and spawn several from the barge location.

The invisible bullets are now an invisible SAM.

This could possibly insure a destructive lethal hit. An untested theory, but seems possible? :ques:

Dave

whitehawk_2009
June 4th, 2010, 18:34
I actually just bought the book Aces High today. I know the basic story, but this looks neat. WH

Devildog73
June 5th, 2010, 04:35
whitehawk,
Neel Kearby is a "cameo appearance" in the book. I kind of dug a little deeper into outside resources on him to do up the full set of missions. Then, when captmercy provided a Jug flown by his uncle for Kearby, my fate was sealed. I have always like P-47s, so it was a natural for me.

Besides, it provided a needed respite from the Lightnings missions.

I will finish up Kearby's and get back into Bong and McGuire this summer.