PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo run time

Vogelscheuche
June 3rd, 2010, 15:06
Does the run time/distance for the torpedos seem a bit to short to anybody else? It seems to me that these don't travel quite as far as they should. Anybody know if adjusting the distance or run time can be edited somehow?

seacondor
June 3rd, 2010, 18:32
Does the run time/distance for the torpedos seem a bit to short to anybody else? It seems to me that these don't travel quite as far as they should. Anybody know if adjusting the distance or run time can be edited somehow?

This was hard coded. Always has been a problem. May be someone has got around it that I don't know of.
A lot of things weren't completed properly in CFS3, because I believe the bean counters cut them off in the home straight. We were lucky to get what we got.
This is where CFS4 would have taken the series to the next level. But as we all know they cut it off at the neck that time. Which I personally think was stupid to say the least. As it would have keep us going for years with good sales to them for years. Very short sighted.

Vogelscheuche
June 5th, 2010, 08:43
Thanks. Yes, it seems that's the case. The torpedos need approx double the distance to be more historically accurate. It would sure be nice to have the info to re-code this.