PDA

View Full Version : REX and FSMeteo for FSX

Timber
June 3rd, 2010, 14:18
Looking for opinions on the differences between REX and FS_Meteo weather programs for use with FSX. REX, from what I understand will only provide winds aloft if you file a flight plan. There's other areas concerning graphics and how it impacts on the computer speeds, fps and such.
Any opions and thoughts on which is the best program would be appreciated.

Regards

AndyE1976
June 3rd, 2010, 17:42
I have REX2 and whilst I haven't really invested too much time in looking at the weather simulations the graphics updates are worth it. The sky colour and clouds completely transform the visuals in FSX and I don't have any discernible drop in framerates.

I haven't looked at FS_Meteo though.

jmig
June 4th, 2010, 08:57
I have never heard of FS_Meteo? I have REX2. Bought it for the graphics before it had weather. I like REX.

strykerpsg
June 4th, 2010, 09:07
I also have REX2 and it's fantastic graphically. It does a fairly decent job of modelling local weather, but by no means highly accurate as some have attested too in other weather related postings. I also own FEX, but REX2 at the end of the day is the more nicer palette to me.

Matt

falcon409
June 4th, 2010, 10:56
I guess I'm with the majority here, I have REX as well and it does an excellent job for me. I'm not terribly into "exact" weather, in that as long as it's raining in Atlanta real-time and I see rain and corresponding cloud cover in the sim, I'm a happy camper. I don't really care that winds and wind gusts are not modeled exactly as they should be. . .after all, it's a sim.:salute:

tigisfat
June 4th, 2010, 16:38
You don't have to use any specific REX function to use another. It's fully customizeable and variable. I have all the normal weather features such as winds aloft, but with REX graphics. Just don't turn on the REX weather engine. Plenty of people do it with an activesky REX combo.

Timber
June 6th, 2010, 07:09
Thanks for all the response guys. Appreciate it very much.

Regards

Txmmy83
June 7th, 2010, 14:38
yep the activesky & REX combo is nearly unbeatable :jump:

BR
Tom