PDA

View Full Version : Just a HU

falcon409
June 3rd, 2010, 04:29
Just posted the two small airfields I was working on. I think they're available now in the downloads section. Also, Spangdahlem is complete and I've sent it to a gentleman over at MAIW to do the parking spaces and tweak the AFCAD before release so that I know it will work properly when it's released. That one should be ready by the end of the week.:salute:

Lionheart
June 3rd, 2010, 07:27
Thanks for the heads up Ed!

Goodness man, you are really cranking out the airports. Soon you will have to start in another country as you will run out over here in the states...

Bjoern
June 3rd, 2010, 11:57
Soon you will have to start in another country as you will run out over here in the states...

I'm looking forward to that day. Finally, more airfields/airports for Germany! :icon_lol:

falcon409
June 3rd, 2010, 12:29
I'm looking forward to that day. Finally, more airfields/airports for Germany! :icon_lol:
I haven't really messed with very many European Airports because of all the payware stuff that's been done. . .I mean, how many volumes are there now for German Airports? lol.

Also, what I enjoy doing are the smaller, single rwy. . .out of the way types.

Mr.Mugel
June 3rd, 2010, 12:58
But there are very nice Airfields, Oerlinghausen EDLO (website in German only (http://www.flugplatz-oerlinghausen.de)) would be nice for example as Photoscenery, have done 2 other small fields in the area (EDVY, EDLI, just added objects and a bit a landclass stuff...). But Oerlinghausen would be best with a Photo background. It is known for glider competitions that are often held there... Been there with bicycle and motorcycle a few times, itīs a few miles from my place, and very scenic. I could give you my EDLI and EDVY if youīre interested, than you can explore the area... if you want to...

Hahnweide EDST would be great, too, itīs not existant in FSX, and I took the photos in my signature and avatar there, also a small glider field, but host to one of the greatest oldtimer airshows in Europe (Never been to Duxford, but Hahnweide was amazing!)

kilo delta
June 3rd, 2010, 14:08
Ireland's smaller airports/airfields have been largely ignored, Ed...should you ever wish to develop some. :jump:
Weston,Baldonnel,Galway,Sligo,Knock,Waterford etc etc. :)

falcon409
June 3rd, 2010, 14:59
Ireland's smaller airports/airfields have been largely ignored, Ed...should you ever wish to develop some. Weston,Baldonnel,Galway,Sligo,Knock,Waterford etc etc. :)
Well, sadly KD, Ireland is poorly represented as far as satellite imagery is concerned. In almost every case, the airports fell just outside (less than 5 miles) the hi-res areas that were available. Almost like it was done on purpose to intentionally miss most airports, lol. The others that I looked at that had decent resolution were poorly colored, like the entire area was one large mud field.

Too bad, those would have been some nice ones to work on.

falcon409
June 3rd, 2010, 15:02
But there are very nice Airfields, Oerlinghausen EDLO (website in German only (http://www.flugplatz-oerlinghausen.de)) would be nice for example as Photoscenery, . . . . .Hahnweide EDST would be great, too, itīs not existant in FSX, and I took the photos in my signature and avatar there, also a small glider field, but host to one of the greatest oldtimer airshows in Europe (Never been to Duxford, but Hahnweide was amazing!)
These seemed to have decent resolution, so I'm going to take a closer look at both of them.:salute:

kilo delta
June 3rd, 2010, 15:11
Mud field you say?...I think they've got it just perfect then! :d

Thanks for checking it out,Ed :salute: :)

Mr.Mugel
June 3rd, 2010, 15:33
These seemed to have decent resolution, so I'm going to take a closer look at both of them.:salute:

Sounds great, was amazing to see a B-25, TBM Avenger and even an Aero L-29 Jet operating from the grass runway at Hahnweide!

falcon409
June 3rd, 2010, 20:45
Hahnweide in FSX:
Just the preliminary placement. I have to lighten the forest areas to match the default, add autogen, then start object placement and add the small ponds at the SW corner. I also replaced some of the surrounding landclass to make it blend a bit better.

Mr.Mugel
June 3rd, 2010, 23:09
Wow, thank you, looks like it will be great!

If anyone wants to give it a try, here is my EDVY, needs nothing else, just place in Addon Scenery.

falcon409
June 4th, 2010, 12:41
Ok, just about complete, but I have a question. On the northeast corner there appears to be a small group of buildings grouped together. . .are these houses?

Mr.Mugel
June 4th, 2010, 13:29
I think itīs tents and campers, when they had the show, there was a campsite for pilots.

Looks great!

stiz
June 4th, 2010, 13:30
Also, what I enjoy doing are the smaller, single rwy. . .out of the way types.

http://www.ygc.co.uk/oursite.php

*gets down and begs* :)

falcon409
June 4th, 2010, 14:12
I think itīs tents and campers, when they had the show, there was a campsite for pilots. Looks great!
Ahhh, ok, works for me. I'll put a few in there just for grins, add a few static airplanes and cars in the parking areas and it should be ready.:salute:

falcon409
June 4th, 2010, 15:04
Ok, I am done with the objects placement. I've retouched the photo a bit and I need to add some larger vegetation around the field and a night texture. I'll be out tomorrow, have a trip south of Dallas and I'll be gone til late so this won't get posted for download now til Sunday sometime.

Mr.Mugel
June 5th, 2010, 00:26
Ok, I am done with the objects placement. I've retouched the photo a bit and I need to add some larger vegetation around the field and a night texture. I'll be out tomorrow, have a trip south of Dallas and I'll be gone til late so this won't get posted for download now til Sunday sometime.

Thatīs wonderful! Take your time, if this gets done at all, a day more wonīt matter for me! Looking forward to take the first flight there!