PDA

View Full Version : FSX and Window 7 problem

MDIvey
June 2nd, 2010, 00:18
I've just installed FSX on a different machine with the Windows 7 OS and encountered a small problem which I'm hoping someone can help me with... I cannot get FSX to register my add on scenery folders. Is there a CFG file that handles this that the program could be having a problem writing to? If so what is it called and where am I likely to find it? Grateful for any assistance.

Matt

IanHenry
June 2nd, 2010, 01:38
Hi Matt,
I am assuming that you mean you cannot add the scenery to the FSX scenery library.
Just follow the normal procedure, but when you click to add the scenery to the library it will open the folder instead , do that and then simply right click and it will be done.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

modelr
June 2nd, 2010, 03:50
Hi Matt,
I am assuming that you mean you cannot add the scenery to the FSX scenery library.
Just follow the normal procedure, but when you click to add the scenery to the library it will open the folder instead , do that and then simply right click and it will be done.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Another way is after clicking OK, and the scenery name turns blue, just left click on the window where the folders are.

Also, whenever starting the sim, always right click on the start icon and choose "Run as administrator" or else it may not keep any changes you have made. (Another PITA security measure.)

MDIvey
June 2nd, 2010, 04:30
Thanks guys... I'll give your suggestions a try and see how i get on.

Matt

MDIvey
June 2nd, 2010, 07:01
Many thanks for your help...sorted

Matt