PDA

View Full Version : The Invisible Sim

falcon409
June 1st, 2010, 06:13
I don't think I've ever seen this posted before, but surely I'm not the only one who has experienced this little anomaly. I click the FSX icon on my quick start bar and the splash screen comes up, then the load window pops up and normally the background will go black to show the FSX screen before it goes to the airport you selected. Four times in a row now I've attempted to start FSX but the screen never appears for the sim. The splash screen disappears and then the load window finishes and goes away and that's it. . .no sim. It's active though because I can hear the aircraft engine running, but "alt+tab" has no effect in bringing the sim window up.

Anyone?

Daube
June 1st, 2010, 07:24
Have you tried to switch it to windowed mode, with ALT+ENTER ? Sometimes when I switch between window and fullscreen, the display fails. Switching again usually solves the issue. It might help in your case too...
The other games display correctly ?

falcon409
June 1st, 2010, 07:29
Have you tried to switch it to windowed mode, with ALT+ENTER ? Sometimes when I switch between window and fullscreen, the display fails. Switching again usually solves the issue. It might help in your case too...
The other games display correctly ?
Hmmmm, well, it's always in windowed mode anyway. I don't use full screen anymore because of the incompatibility with Multiplayer. Other games? I don't have any other games.:salute:

Bjoern
June 1st, 2010, 09:26
CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Task Manager) -> Click FSX's process -> "Bring To Front" or "Switch To" -> Wait, wait and wait -> When FSX appears, put it into windowed mode -> Close Task Manager -> Bring FSX into fullscreen mode -> Fly and silently curse this stupid behaviour.

FAC257
June 1st, 2010, 13:02
If your using Windows7 try hitting the little button at the wnd of the systray in the pic below.

I've had it bring invisible apps to the front a few times now.

FAC

modelr
June 2nd, 2010, 04:36
If your using Windows7 try hitting the little button at the wnd of the systray in the pic below.

I've had it bring invisible apps to the front a few times now.

FAC

So THAT'S where that button went!!!

Falcon, whenever I get weird behaviour, the first thing I always do is reboot. (Not saying you haven't tried it, but) so many absolutely refuse to try this...