PDA

View Full Version : GameRanger: a new place to play Combat Flight Simulator online

Scott Kevill
November 13th, 2008, 21:12
Hi all, just thought I'd let you know about a new multiplayer network I've created for playing Combat Flight Simulator online called GameRanger.

Basically, GameRanger makes it quick and easy to play your friends online.

It has full lobby support for over 500 different games and demos (including Combat Flight Simulator, of course), without the hassles and headaches that usually happen with network connections (eg. routers & firewalls).

I'm really excited to be releasing it, and hope it helps boost the CFS community by allowing people to play that were unable to until now due to problems with opening ports, etc.

You can download it at www.GameRanger.com

humbles
November 14th, 2008, 09:38
~S~ Scott. Thank you for the email. I was going to post the link, but it seems you beat me to it.

Johnny
November 14th, 2008, 13:20
~S~ Scott,

I went and I looked and could not find anything related to CFS. Well when and if it happens, I will be ready. Unless told other wise, I may check back in a month or two.

Good Luck,

Johnny:cost1:

Scott Kevill
November 14th, 2008, 15:21
~S~ Scott. Thank you for the email. I was going to post the link, but it seems you beat me to it.

No problem, I think I may have posted that even before I emailed you, as it was only after **** said I should email you that I did. :)

Scott Kevill
November 14th, 2008, 15:22
~S~ Scott,

I went and I looked and could not find anything related to CFS. Well when and if it happens, I will be ready. Unless told other wise, I may check back in a month or two.

Good Luck,

Johnny:cost1:

Johnny, I'm not sure what you mean. CFS is already set up and on the games list (http://www.GameRanger.com/games/).

Johnny
November 14th, 2008, 15:46
~S~ Scott,

I can not find it and **** is Tabor here and this may well be all gone tomorrow.

But it is still not there. I saw a lot of Call of Duty and other stuff, but NO Flight Simulators were listed.

Sorry,

Johnny:isadizzy:

Scott Kevill
November 14th, 2008, 15:49
Ahh, I thought you meant on the web site.

In the app, those folders you see are only for games with dedicated servers. All you have to do is click the Host button to open a new game room with CFS.

Johnny
November 14th, 2008, 16:05
~S~ Scott,

You have to have at least two players to play and I will try to figure it out. I guess I should like for a waiting room or some other type of forum?

Scott Kevill
November 14th, 2008, 16:08
That's right. You can open a game room and wait for other players, but to launch the game you need at least two.

Johnny
November 14th, 2008, 16:36
~S~ Scott,

Thanks for the information.

smilo
November 14th, 2008, 18:32
I think you mean taboo,
not Tabor

humbles
November 15th, 2008, 00:23
~S~ Tabor or Taboo. It does not really matter.Anything for cfs is good .
Scott a lot here are beginners in multi player options, so please do not be offended .
As for the matter of Tabor or Taboo .
****s downloads. I believe are still being offered here by this site , in the free downloads section.
But just in case you want a better selection, which are more up to date you can head over to the **** **** **** . I do not need to remind a few here they would not be flying as the AAC ,if it was not for ****,Just in case people do not know he founded the AAC.
It really was his devotion to cfs communitie that most are here to day .
Some people might not like it but they all fly under **** past wings, when they fly.
No man is greater than the game and you cannot change history.There is only one **** he made and founded the AAC with his belief of V Pilots having fun in missions.
I feel very strongly against bad censorship and any form of bullying, it is a fact of life we should really try to get along with each other .
As for what Johnny has suggested.
I really would not like to see this post dismissed to recycle bin in the simouthouse because it names a person who has done so much for those who want to play cfs either by them selves or in multiplayer game .

smilo
November 15th, 2008, 08:14
As a SOH Staff Member and the Moderator of this Forum, I have edited the above posts by replacing the name of a banned member and his pirate site with ****
What humbles neglects to mention is that **** was banned from the SOH for offering a pirated download of Combat Flight Simulator. He also offers copy written material on his site without the Author's permission. Then links were posted here.
When confronted about this by SOH Admins, **** became belligerent and was subsequently banned from the SOH.
At this time, I will not address the history of the AAC here as it has no bearing on this subject. Although, I will invite you to notice by my SigPic that I am a Member and Staff Officer of the AAC.
For some unknown reason, humbles has chosen to continue on his path of advocating for banned and discredited Sim-Outhouse members. In the not to distant past, he was warned, but has decided to proceed on his quest.
Frankly speaking, enough is enough.
Finally, I will not remove this thread, but will Close it.

Willy
November 15th, 2008, 15:54
Good job Smilo.

The staff here at SOH will not tolerate software piracy or the pirates.

Willy