PDA

View Full Version : That's not a knife.. THIS is a knife... (or a chopper)....

krazycolin
November 13th, 2008, 20:32
Something we're working on for the new year.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

(and yes, we're still working on the Corsair though it might not be ready for Xmas, sadly.... Valentines day maybe)

Colin.

djscoo
November 13th, 2008, 20:40
:applause:WOO HOO!:applause:
I've been waitin' on one of them thangs.

tigisfat
November 13th, 2008, 22:02
me to!! God, it seems that this milvis character knows exactly what to make!!

Daube
November 14th, 2008, 00:32
That's not a knife.. THIS is a knife...... .
Huhu, Crocodile Dundee has to be one of my favorite movies :d

An-225
November 14th, 2008, 01:10
Thats a spoon.

Oooh, a Tarhe, looks nice.

chinookmark
November 14th, 2008, 06:58
There is no spoon.

Sweet! My unit used to be a Skycrane unit before we got Chinooks in 92. I'll take one to go, please!

Marlin
November 14th, 2008, 14:52
wow, that is detailed!!!! :applause:

Wittpilot
November 14th, 2008, 16:11
"I see you have played knifey spoony before!"

EgoR64
November 14th, 2008, 16:25
:wavey:

Sure has always been a facinating chopper, Will be fun to fly some cool mission in it.....

Cheers !!:ernae:

heywooood
November 14th, 2008, 16:36
I watched a crew use one to haul a huge A/C unit from the street to the top of a 40 story office building once - the guy was hovering just above the intersection of 2nd and Broadway in San Diego many years ago...they used a sling and had the unit strapped to this rediculous steel pallet.

I could see into the cockpit clearly from less than a half a block away - that guy was calmly and constantly moving every control he could to keep that sucker steady as the rotor wash was bouncing off the street and all the surrounding buildings and whatnot...

It was one of the greatest flying demonstrations I've ever seen and I've been to a few airshows.

You had to see it to believe it - thats a BIG chopper

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2008, 22:32
That's no spoon, it's a space station.... :costumes:

WOW-WEE! I can't tell you how excited I am to see someone building a Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane. I just saw it last night on the History Channel and was wishing for one. I've had the honor of seeing one fighting fires many years ago. Thank you for bringing this to FSX, looking forward to it. :jump:

gajit
November 14th, 2008, 23:44
The detail looks amazing - looking forward to purchasing. :ernae:

euroastar350
November 15th, 2008, 16:47
Although its a Sikorsky design, the type certificate is now owned by Erickson Aircrane (since 1992). So any S64/Skycrane you see flying is an Erickson Aircrane.

Now that I am over my little technical talk here, let me say that is a fantastic model:d:ernae:

krazycolin
November 15th, 2008, 16:54
At present, we're only doing the CH-54 and looking into the S-60. THe S-60 has much bigger engines, different legs and a bigger cockpit in the longitudinal axis. The rest is the same. However, it would require a considerable amount of work to do just that stuff. Not sure if we're will to do that... Thinking about it.

MCDesigns
November 15th, 2008, 17:44
Very cool!! since you are doing the military version, will there be a variety of sling loads? (aircraft/artillery/vehicles?)

krazycolin
November 15th, 2008, 19:38
Actually, no. Only carrying knives... (and choppers)....

Yep. and the POD! at least two... one for gents and one for meds... Ideally, we'd like to create a bunch of missions so ideas for those are welcome though we do have some already...

Thanks,

BASys
November 16th, 2008, 03:33
Hi Folks

Colin -
Would you consider producing a Sikorsky S-92 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_S-92) / H-92 Superhawk ?

For some reason there's not been a model since FS2002. :banghead:

I'm sure the chopper community would appreciate having that gap filled.

HTH
ATB
Paul

kilo delta
November 16th, 2008, 04:21
Sweet helo:applause:

PS.... stick an Alouette III on the helicopter wish list!:ernae::d