PDA

View Full Version : Trim wheel

andrewmuir
May 30th, 2010, 08:29
Tell me where I can find the trim wheel for ROF and I'll tell you how to complete campaign mission 3 without going tgrough all those painful hoops and be able to move on to balloons, strafing and bombing.

Ferry_vO
May 30th, 2010, 09:44
I can't find anything like a trim wheel, and I very much doubt WW1 aircraft even had the ability to trim. Maybe a static trim that could be adjusted when the aircraft was on the ground but certainly not with trim tabs or adjustable surfaces like aircraft from ww2 and beyond.

:)

andrewmuir
May 30th, 2010, 13:43
I can't find anything like a trim wheel, and I very much doubt WW1 aircraft even had the ability to trim. Maybe a static trim that could be adjusted when the aircraft was on the ground but certainly not with trim tabs or adjustable surfaces like aircraft from ww2 and beyond.

:)
Hi Ferry?

Hmmm! I guess you are right but its a pain to have to push forward on the stick to stay in level flight.
I like your foto - I need something like that.

Believe it or not I got fed up with my Spad stalling before it could reach the hoop and when it did I ran out of time. I was a bit cheezed off so I took off and by passed all the hoops and landed beautifully back at the base. The instructor came running out to tell me that I was not just a quik learner but that I could now move onto Mission 4. A bug? Or did the program see that the instructor couldn't really check whether I cheated or not. A bug? A cheat?

One other question since you seem to be the sole ROF pilot on this SOH planet. Is there any way I can remove the cockpit and just have the reticule so that I can admire the gorgeous scenery?

Andrew aka Aviador on the DCS sitehttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gifhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gifhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

andrewmuir
May 30th, 2010, 14:20
OF COURSE I COULD EASEUP ON THE THROTTLE :salute:

Ferry_vO
May 30th, 2010, 14:50
Is there any way I can remove the cockpit and just have the reticule so that I can admire the gorgeous scenery?

Haven't found that yet; it would also be a bit easier on landings. At least I have two keys on my joystick to zoom in & out with. Makes it a bit easier to see what's going on around you!

andrewmuir
May 31st, 2010, 05:31
Haven't found that yet; it would also be a bit easier on landings. At least I have two keys on my joystick to zoom in & out with. Makes it a bit easier to see what's going on around you!
Ecellent idea I have 8 keys in all so I'll do the same. Much better than groping fir the keyboard.

Ome other question - how does the autopilot work. I have it marked in the settings but pressing A does nothing. I can see the waypoint marked on the compass but i don't much like using the simplified guages as they take up too much room and hide the map (which is a bit stuoid. The map shoukd be on ones knee and you can easily ook down in the cockpit.
Sorry to ask so many questions but you seem to be the only member for ROF. Is there a better forum.?

Stickshaker
June 2nd, 2010, 11:20
The SE5a, at least, had an elevator trim.