PDA

View Full Version : Russian ATC track UFO

kilo delta
May 30th, 2010, 03:49
Interesting video!

"Air traffic control radar in Yakutsk, Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, Russia is tracking a UFO. Radar system gives it speed of 9800 km/h and altitude of 19780 meters. Object is also changing direction instantly. Nice detail I noted is that, as the object has not sent any ident signal to the secondary surveillance radar, or SSR, the system has tagged the object with default number 00000."

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1275161744

BTW..that's over 6,000mph at almost 65,000ft

jmig
May 30th, 2010, 06:08
Maybe it was that hypersonic vehicle NASA launched from the B-52? :jump:

Roadburner440
May 30th, 2010, 06:27
Or the "Aurora" craft that seems to be causing commotion in the UFO world lately. I guess when I am old and gray I may get the answer, lol.

Toastmaker
May 30th, 2010, 07:45
Be afraid, Ivan - be very afraid. . . !

:running:

kilo delta
May 30th, 2010, 08:37
Be afraid, Ivan - be very afraid. . . !

:running:

I'm sure that Uncle Sam has similar accounts ;) :)

Ken Stallings
May 30th, 2010, 08:44
It's a standard physics problem. An object traveling at 6,000 miles per hour that "instantly" changes course, incurs gargantuan g-forces. To put into comparison, a SAM is generally rated between 15 and 25G load limit before it structurally fails. They travel around Mach 3 to 4, or about 2,000 to 2,500 miles per hour.

So, to even match the maneuvering parameters of a SAM, the UFO would have to endure around 100 G's!

Anything over about 12 G's can instantly incapacitate a human. I'm not exactly sure, I think anything above 25 G's will kill a human. I suppose the object could be unmanned and have advanced materials we've never heard of, but one wonders.

I'm thinking a healthy supply of vodka and/or electronic glitches can provide a more plausible answer!

Ken

Matt Wynn
May 30th, 2010, 11:10
sustained or instantaneous Ken?

At Silverstone David Purley suffered a stuck throttle and crashed with incredible violence. Purley was subjected to the highest G-forces ever survived by a human being - 179.8G - when the car went from 108mph to zero in just over half a meter. Human tolerances depend on the magnitude of the g-force, the length of time it is applied, the direction it acts, the location of application, and the posture of the body.The human body is flexible and deformable, particularly the softer tissues. A hard slap on the face may briefly impose hundreds of g locally but not produce any real damage; a constant 16 g for a minute, however, may be deadly. When vibration is experienced, relatively low peak g levels can be severely damaging if they are at the resonance frequency of organs and connective tissues.

Skittles
May 30th, 2010, 11:30
sustained or instantaneous Ken?

At Silverstone David Purley

He died doing aerobatics in his Pitts special.

Lionheart
May 30th, 2010, 13:10
Thanks KD for the heads up. That's wild stuff.

They had migs chasing a blunt ended giant cylinder last year, and the thing did a slow bank and accellerated away from the fighters with some pretty impressive power. No exhaust trail.

Bill

Bjoern
May 30th, 2010, 14:06
I'm still not convinced.

Clarke123
May 30th, 2010, 14:35

Couldn't help myself :d

KOM.Nausicaa
May 30th, 2010, 16:25
I am a very skeptical mind, and I have read a great deal about this stuff since 3-4 years. Today I am almost 100% convinced somebody or something is visiting us. There is too much going on. Where there is smoke there is fire - old saying.

tigisfat
May 30th, 2010, 22:42

Couldn't help myself :d

That chart never gets old, and the best part is how the only thing on there that's a weather balloon is shown as swamp gas.:icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
May 31st, 2010, 01:33
you're right that chart never gets old :icon_lol:

oh visitors from another world is entirely plausible, given how vast the universe is. remember that there are literally trillions of stars much like our sun, now if only 10% have a single planet thats still a few trillion... now out of them say 1 trillion planets, another 10% may have life, whether in amoebae phase of evolution right up to developed beyond what we are, them odds are still pretty darned high, i'm sceptical but i do believe that we cannot possibly be alone in this universe, and who can say, positively and 100% certain that we can't be visited, if we had that kind of technology to go and visit other planets that are less developed with life you'd go and buzz a planet wouldn't you? :icon_lol: i know i would....

srgalahad
May 31st, 2010, 03:13
if we had that kind of technology to go and visit other planets that are less developed with life you'd go and buzz a planet wouldn't you? :icon_lol: i know i would....

..and that likely explains the "instantaneous changes of direction" .. as the pilot and crew burst into another gale of laughter at what they see...

:wiggle:

On the serious side... Ken when I had my major accident a few years ago (guy turned across the road in front of me _ I was doing about 50 mph) they estimated the impact at +/- 38g. To the best of my knowledge and contrary to some claims, I survived. Of course, I was driving my daily-driver/part-time rally card and had the belts cinched tight. I'd imagine even a scout from an interstellar exploration craft would have either good cushioning or some sort of anti-g system, but most of the abductees aren't given such classified information.

stansdds
May 31st, 2010, 05:16
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/stansdds/Smilies/Youwillforget.gif

All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

jmig
May 31st, 2010, 06:10
I was a UFO believer as a teenager in the 1960s. Back then the bookshelves of the local library were filled with books of UFOs and, I read them all. My dad and I use to go out and lie under the stars looking for shooting stars and UFOs where he explained to me the things a man passes on to his son. Those were great times for me but, I digress.

Today, I believe differently. I will not argue that there is probably life on other planets. There may even be salient life on other plants who have reached the level of scientific sophistication to develop faster than light travel.

My questioning of "UFOs" come from two points.

1. Space is vast, very vast. I thnk it would be safe to use an analogy of an ant from New York trying to find a certain food source in California. The odds of this "other species" finding us in the vastness of the universe is like an ant traveling all the way to California from New York, to find one particular bit of food.

2. My second reasoning is "Murphy's Law" or to be a bit more scientific, the Second Law of Thermodynamics. If someone has been visiting us for some 70 years in the frequency some people think, sooner or later a major accident would have occurred that could not have been "covered up." There is nothing in the universe that does not deteriorate and eventually fail.

We have no real evidence of UFOs. We have a lot of unexplained phenomena. To me, those two are very different.

Clarke123
May 31st, 2010, 06:43
I was a UFO believer as a teenager in the 1960s. Back then the bookshelves of the local library were filled with books of UFOs and, I read them all. My dad and I use to go out and lie under the stars looking for shooting stars and UFOs where he explained to me the things a man passes on to his son. Those were great times for me but, I digress.

Today, I believe differently. I will not argue that there is probably life on other planets. There may even be salient life on other plants who have reached the level of scientific sophistication to develop faster than light travel.

My questioning of "UFOs" come from two points.

1. Space is vast, very vast. I thnk it would be safe to use an analogy of an ant from New York trying to find a certain food source in California. The odds of this "other species" finding us in the vastness of the universe is like an ant traveling all the way to California from New York, to find one particular bit of food.

2. My second reasoning is "Murphy's Law" or to be a bit more scientific, the Second Law of Thermodynamics. If someone has been visiting us for some 70 years in the frequency some people think, sooner or later a major accident would have occurred that could not have been "covered up." There is nothing in the universe that does not deteriorate and eventually fail.

We have no real evidence of UFOs. We have a lot of unexplained phenomena. To me, those two are very different.
:applause: well said

kilo delta
May 31st, 2010, 06:51
Just to put a spin on things...just because it's a UFO doesn't mean that it's being crewed by little green men. There's always the possibility that it's a man-made creation.;)

Ken Stallings
May 31st, 2010, 07:00
..and that likely explains the "instantaneous changes of direction" .. as the pilot and crew burst into another gale of laughter at what they see...

:wiggle:

On the serious side... Ken when I had my major accident a few years ago (guy turned across the road in front of me _ I was doing about 50 mph) they estimated the impact at +/- 38g. To the best of my knowledge and contrary to some claims, I survived. Of course, I was driving my daily-driver/part-time rally card and had the belts cinched tight. I'd imagine even a scout from an interstellar exploration craft would have either good cushioning or some sort of anti-g system, but most of the abductees aren't given such classified information.

LOL!! Well, I'm confident you survived, but I'm sure you were in so much pain there were times you wondered if you really did.

Yeah, I figured you smart folks would give me the updates. I couldn't remember the threshold and seems like that's because there isn't really one. It simply depends upon the circumstances.

Ken

stansdds
May 31st, 2010, 07:04
I spent my fair share of time staring into the night sky during the 1970's and early 80's. Never saw a flying saucer/disk/cigar, but did some some interesting things. Saw three aircraft in formation, silhouetted against a moonlit sky, displaying no navigation or anti-collision lights, but had the outline of the F-111 Aardvark. That was right around the time Reagan ordered the bombing of Libya.

I saw plenty of meteors, one fire ball, scads of satellites, space shuttles, and what appeared to be a satellite that had met with the atmosphere (fairly bright point of light that shot off a bunch of smaller bits before disappearing). I did see what I thought was a satellite until it made a very sharp 45 degree turn. Was it a UFO? Yes, it was as it displayed a seemingly impossible turn at very high speed and I could not make an identification of the object.

Stephen Hawking paints a very grim picture of any extraterrestrial life forms capable of interstellar travel. He expects any such beings to be nomadic, roaming the universe looking for planets they can conquer, colonize or simply strip of natural resources.

Ken Stallings
May 31st, 2010, 07:07
My disbelief in UFO's has nothing to do with the idea there isn't other life out there. However, it is due to the massive size of the universe. Until we can demonstrate warp technology there isn't any plausible way we could travel a distance where we go outside the range we already know life does not exist in forms that are capable of visiting us.

Yeah, I know they could have something special where it's like traveling to Europe on a bicycle (for us) versus a jet airliner (for them). But even in 1900, the concept of flight we could understand. We cannot even really understand, much less observe, the concept of warp travel. And even then, we're talking distances of years worth of light speed travel to get places.

Ken

Roadburner440
May 31st, 2010, 07:13
While the Aurora reference was poking fun at the UFO community. I do have a belief that there has to be extraterestrial life, and "UFO's" in the sense of alien space craft out there. I will have to say that even such craft would have to be limited in what their capabilities are at least within our atmosphere. Something moving that fast would displace massive amounts of air (creating sonic booms, look at the meteor that hit Siberia early in the 20th century, or was it? :icon_lol:). I think any type of craft would be crushed from the pressure created at the front, or it would melt from the heat generated. Then of course the problem of G forces. Seeing as that is mainly due from a lack of blood to certain areas of the body (a problem the G-suit's have managed to at least help with by attempting to keep blood from draining from the upper extremeties to the lower) in the extraterrestrial sense who knows if they even have blood, or free floating organs like we do. They may be of a solid mass, and have different ways of getting nutrients and such around their bodies to where they remain largely unaffected by such forces. On a serious note I would think it is a computer glitch of sorts, us using radio frequencies and such to play jokes on them, or some kind of man-made craft.

Matt Wynn
May 31st, 2010, 07:24
...And even then, we're talking distances of years worth of light speed travel to get places.

Ken

nothing can break the speed of light if it has mass, only light itself is capable of travelling that speed

It really is that simple. If we want to travel into the future, we just need to go fast. Really fast. And I think the only way we're ever likely to do that is by going into space. The fastest manned vehicle in history was Apollo 10. It reached 25,000mph. But to travel in time we'll have to go more than 2,000 times faster. And to do that we'd need a much bigger ship, a truly enormous machine. The ship would have to be big enough to carry a huge amount of fuel, enough to accelerate it to nearly the speed of light. Getting to just beneath the cosmic speed limit would require six whole years at full power.
The initial acceleration would be gentle because the ship would be so big and heavy. But gradually it would pick up speed and soon would be covering massive distances. In one week it would have reached the outer planets. After two years it would reach half-light speed and be far outside our solar system. Two years later it would be travelling at 90 per cent of the speed of light. Around 30 trillion miles away from Earth, and four years after launch, the ship would begin to travel in time. For every hour of time on the ship, two would pass on Earth.
After another two years of full thrust the ship would reach its top speed, 99 per cent of the speed of light. At this speed, a single day on board is a whole year of Earth time. Our ship would be truly flying into the future.

Stephen Hawking doesn't post here but i read this somewhere in an article he wrote... ^

Lionheart
May 31st, 2010, 07:27
On Warp Technology and going to distance stars:
We need to keep our minds open that forms of transportation surely exist in the Universe that allow for worm-hole like travel, which means folding space and popping out the other end in just a moment instead of years of conventional travel.

On high G's manuveres and damage to 'beings':
Keep in mind the realities of a fighter pilot in WWI. Tell him that in just 50 to 80 years, planes will be made of rare metals and they will travel faster then sound and launch little rockets that do 2.5 times the speed of sound and fly at the edge of the atmosphere, and that we will have space stations and planes in space, robots on Mars, and satellites in the outer solar system.

Tell the WWI pilot how we will have a giant metal plane that can do 9 G's easily and take off vertically with an engine that has no propellors.

On being able to manuvere 'instantly' making turns:
I firmly believe that vehicles can be designed to go 'interdimensional' where they shift of slightly out of this dimension where-in their mass becomes almost nullified, as well as wind and air mass having no effect on the hull.

Vehicles in an intense electric field 'hide' in a shimmering like transparent field, which is believe to be dimensional shifting. The still secret Philidelphia Experiment used this German technology to make a ship go to Australia and back in one day. Mind you, on the way back, a horrible accident happened that killed many of the crew, but until then, they were able to get to Australia (the other side of Earth) in 30 min's in a huge metal full sized Naval ship.

We need to realize how far technologies can go. We have been into super technologies for only say 30 to 70 years (what ever you use to gauge it with, being craft like the SR-71 which was designed in 1956, or computers). Imagine a 'civilization' that has had super technologies for several hundred years, how far they may be in technology and transportation.

Bill

Bjoern
May 31st, 2010, 10:50
Today I am almost 100% convinced somebody or something is visiting us.

Somebody or something incredibly dumb.

"Hey, let's just do minor stuff to prepare an invasion. Those humans don't appear even remotely interested in meeting us in person first. And with all their curiosity and willingness to learn they wouldn't even remotely interested in being our allies."

Even the Conquerors talked to the natives before going pillaging and exploiting everything. ;)

On high G's manuveres and damage to 'beings':
Keep in mind the realities of a fighter pilot in WWI. Tell him that in just 50 to 80 years, planes will be made of rare metals and they will travel faster then sound and launch little rockets that do 2.5 times the speed of sound and fly at the edge of the atmosphere, and that we will have space stations and planes in space, robots on Mars, and satellites in the outer solar system.

Tell the WWI pilot how we will have a giant metal plane that can do 9 G's easily and take off vertically with an engine that has no propellors.

Considering that aircraft had been a fairly new thing themselves in WWI, the response from the pilot would be something like "Hey cool!". The 20th century wasn't the medieval ages and new, futuristic ideas were rather embraced than stamped out like in the medieval ages. ;)

The still secret Philidelphia Experiment used this German technology to make a ship go to Australia and back in one day. Mind you, on the way back, a horrible accident happened that killed many of the crew, but until then, they were able to get to Australia (the other side of Earth) in 30 min's in a huge metal full sized Naval ship.

A nation who couldn't barely mass produce their most sophisticated "conventional" weapons (systems) (Panther, Tiger, King Tiger, Me262, V-2, V-1, night vision devices, etc....) and never got too far with research on nuclear devices is supposed to have flown to the moon, built a huge undiscovered arctic base, invented UFOs with unknown propulsion devices, used very exotic means of travel, conducted paranormal activites and created super soldiers. Something doesn't add up there. ;)

We need to realize how far technologies can go. We have been into super technologies for only say 30 to 70 years (what ever you use to gauge it with, being craft like the SR-71 which was designed in 1956, or computers). Imagine a 'civilization' that has had super technologies for several hundred years, how far they may be in technology and transportation.

"Super technology" is relative.

“You would make a ship sail against the winds and currents by lighting a bon-fire under her deck? I have no time for such nonsense.”
- Napoleon, on Robert Fulton’s Steamship

I'm sure similar stuff was said when the first locomotives, cars and airplanes appeared.

There is no such thing like suddenly appearing "super technology". Every new and perceived major advancement is just a logical extension or combination of existing knowledge coupled with willingness to take huge risks of failure while testing.

Clarke123
May 31st, 2010, 11:45
Vehicles in an intense electric field 'hide' in a shimmering like transparent field, which is believe to be dimensional shifting. The still secret Philidelphia Experiment used this German technology to make a ship go to Australia and back in one day. Mind you, on the way back, a horrible accident happened that killed many of the crew, but until then, they were able to get to Australia (the other side of Earth) in 30 min's in a huge metal full sized Naval ship.

Bill
The philadelphia experiment. Seriously? If you're gonna sling out some conspiracy theories at least try to get the fiction correct. It wasn't german tech, this allegedly took place in 1943, this was a sister of the manhattan project. The story claims the destroyer USS Eldridge was accidentaly transported to norfolk, virginia not Australia. Just look up Alfred Bielek "sole survivor of the Eldridge" and the go to guy on the philadelphia experiment. He claims he's the regressed essence of Ed Cameron one of the researchers on the eldridge, who with his brother time traveled to 2137, then inexplicably to 1983 then back to 1943. Then Ed annoyed his superiors by what he knew so they regressed him to an essence and he was reborn in 1927 as Alfred Bielek. Holy crap. Theories, top secret experiments, advances we ain't privvy to ok but not the Philadelphia experiment. I mean, come on, if you believe something at least look into it properly.