PDA

View Full Version : MultiCFS3 didnot autorun or popup

rcafmad
September 30th, 2008, 06:20
I recently downloaded the ETO Expansion. I have one problem as above.

I downloaded the MultiCFS but I cannot change name. How do I do it and is it necessary.

The ETO is working fine

rbp71854
September 30th, 2008, 06:41
I am not sure I understand the problem. There is no need to download multicfs3 it is automatically installed during the eto install process. You say that eto is working fine. When the multicfs3 popped up did you rename the install CFS3 ETO Expansion? If you didn't then everything is not right and your ETO install is using the Combat Flight Simulator 3 application data folders and file files to store the saved conditions and end state of your ETO sessions.

Please clarify

I recently downloaded the ETO Expansion. I have one problem as above.

I downloaded the MultiCFS but I cannot change name. How do I do it and is it necessary.

The ETO is working fine

rcafmad
September 30th, 2008, 12:23
Sorry for the poor information.

The writeup indicated that after the installer had completed the installation. The Martin Wright's MultiCFS3 should run autorun and pop up.

It didnot. It also indicated to go into Windows Explorer and run MultiCFS3 from there.

I downloaded it and tried to change path as shown to CFS3 ETO Expansion. It would accept any change.

How can I correct it?

rbp71854
September 30th, 2008, 13:28
There was no need to download and install another multicfs3. It was already in the eto folder and if it didn't pop up to go into windows explorer and run it in your eto folder. Check your application data folder and your documents folder and see if you have CFS3 ETO Expansion folders.

If you do your install is okay, if not your install is pointing to Combat Flight Simulator 3, and that is not good.

Try to run multicfs3 within windows explorer in the main eto folder. If it will not make the change to CFS3 ETO Expansion, you will need to re-install by removing all CFS3 ETO Expansion files.

Sorry for the poor information.

The writeup indicated that after the installer had completed the installation. The Martin Wright's MultiCFS3 should run autorun and pop up.

It didnot. It also indicated to go into Windows Explorer and run MultiCFS3 from there.

I downloaded it and tried to change path as shown to CFS3 ETO Expansion. It would accept any change.

How can I correct it?

apringle
October 1st, 2008, 11:22
I have the same problem as RCAFMAD. I have followed the advice you gave him but the MultiCFS3 programme is nowhere to be found!

I deleted all files and then re-installed only to find the same problem.

Help....i can't wait to have a crack at ETO.

rcafmad
October 1st, 2008, 12:42
I found my ETO Expansion. In program files- Microsoft Games. I was able to change address as required in the multicfs3.

It is now in Documents and settings/user/application data/Microsoft. Name is CFS3 ETO Expansion.

I transfered the icon for the Sceneb.exe to my desktop by shortcut. Is that all right ?

I hope I am out of the woods now.

rbp71854
October 1st, 2008, 13:20
Scenedb.exe? There is none in the ETO Expansion and we have not tested its operation in that environment, so do not know the ramifications of using it. Could be good could be disasterous.

I found my ETO Expansion. In program files- Microsoft Games. I was able to change address as required in the multicfs3.

It is now in Documents and settings/user/application data/Microsoft. Name is CFS3 ETO Expansion.

I transfered the icon for the Sceneb.exe to my desktop by shortcut. Is that all right ?

I hope I am out of the woods now.

rbp71854
October 1st, 2008, 13:26
Open Windows explorer and go to your CFS3 ETO Expansion main folder, look for the icon that is a green aircraft under a magnifying glass, that is called MULTiCFS3. double click on it. See what name is called out in the window. If Not CFS3 ETO Expansion change it to that.

I have the same problem as RCAFMAD. I have followed the advice you gave him but the MultiCFS3 programme is nowhere to be found!

I deleted all files and then re-installed only to find the same problem.

Help....i can't wait to have a crack at ETO.

apringle
October 3rd, 2008, 07:16
Nope..... not there? seriously! Where have I gone wrong? I also have no desktop icons for some reason. I have followed the install isntructions to the letter up to this point. All I have done is remove the install after it did not work the first time and tried again.:banghead:

rbp71854
October 3rd, 2008, 07:40
A

It sounds like the ETO file installer portion of the installer did not operate for some reason. Did you see a splash screen that had the listing of the Contributors? How about the splashscreen listing the Groundhogs?

The 1st thing I would do is see is you have the CFS3 ETO Expansion folder by opening windows explorer. If you do I would delete it and run the program again making sure the installer goes through each portion of the install.

Nope..... not there? seriously! Where have I gone wrong? I also have no desktop icons for some reason. I have followed the install isntructions to the letter up to this point. All I have done is remove the install after it did not work the first time and tried again.:banghead:

gaw
October 3rd, 2008, 16:12
Apringle.....I did the same until I realized I'd quit the installer too soon....after you read "installed successfully" the first time you have to just continue with the process for what seems a second second time by just hitting the buttons provided....."next", and so on.....almost seems like the installer's doing it twice but don't close or quit any window you're presented without hitting a yes, or a next or a hit any key....it totally works without error....the no icons on desktop means you've only gone halfway.

apringle
October 5th, 2008, 08:26
Gaw.......spot on. Thank you all for your assistance. I am now up and running.

A