PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo I made E-6!!!

Roadburner440
May 29th, 2010, 17:30
Is some crazy stuff. I wasn't even going to bother checking my results since my job in the Navy the last few cycles has had less than 1% out of 1200 people advance to E-6. So I figure no way I am in that 1% with the evals I get and all.. Well low and behold this cycle it was 1.96% of 1125 and by studying my tail off I made it. Just wanted to come here and spread my happiness cause I still can't believe it. Goes to show that studying can actually get you advanced, lol. Here I have been bummed out for not getting the best evals and figuring it was impossible to make it. I hope other people in the Navy, and other services on here advanced as well.

N2056
May 29th, 2010, 17:35
Congratulations! :medals::salute:

Snuffy
May 29th, 2010, 17:44
Congrats!

TARPSBird
May 29th, 2010, 17:49
Congratulations Roadburner! Many of us old sailors here at SOH have had to contend with exam cycles where the cut was so high you darn near had to sit at the right hand of God to get advanced. You get your profile sheet back (I assume they still have those) and you see you wrote a good exam but still PNA'ed (Passed but Not Advanced). Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! :d

Roadburner440
May 29th, 2010, 17:59
You're telling me.. I figured the guy in my command that was getting the EP evals was the one that got advanced. He, and the command were quite shocked when I did. I was below in every category except test score (cut a 72.4 out of 80), and I had 1 more award point than the average. I was just hoping to get my max 1.5/1.5 PNA again. All the rates seem to be closing down, but for some reason my rate went from .9% to 1.96% this cycle, and I think HM's made over 100 E-6's.. Other than that everybody else was real small numbers. I am sure the numbers were way worse a few years back then they are now tho. Cause when I first came in (2003) E-5's could still retire, but they did away with that in 04/05 time frame so I think that has kind of helped open it up slightly. Then saw in the Navy Times today they are going to force some 9,000 E-7's (didn't even know there were that many in the whole fleet) to retire. So advancement will open up in the future, but I am sure it will take a few years before it is noticeable on the quota's.

Panther_99FS
May 29th, 2010, 18:00
Job well done!

Ken Stallings
May 29th, 2010, 18:07
Very nice achievement! :salute:

Ken

GT182
May 29th, 2010, 18:23
Congratulations Steve!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

jmig
May 29th, 2010, 18:53
Congratulations! Well Done!

We are proud of you!!! :salute:

OBIO
May 29th, 2010, 19:15
Congratulations! I have no clue what rank an E-6 is...but I take it making E-6 is a major accomplishment.

OBIO

strikehawk
May 29th, 2010, 22:59
OBIO, E-6 in the Navy is a Petty officer First Class and is a mile stone in ones career. It's the last rank before a Sailor becomes a Chief.

Roadburner440, Bravo Zulu! made AO1 the first time out but my score was so low I WAS the bottom of the list. Two years later I took the Feb. Chief's exam, put my retirement papers in during the March Drill Weekend and found out I had passed in April:banghead:

Hope you continue in your rate til you can't advance any more, (E-9)

Willy
May 29th, 2010, 23:30
Congrats on a job well done. The first time I went up for Chief, I entered that exam cycle figuring that it was just for drill and I'd get serious about it the next time. No one had ever heard of an Engineman making Chief first time up but somehow I pulled it off. They fool folks with that kind of stuff every now and then! To be honest, up till then I was just happy to have made 1st.

Congrats again! You've earned it. :ernae:

tigisfat
May 30th, 2010, 00:20
Good job dude! With increased rank and pay grows the omnipresent responsibility to make sure everything you do is in the best interest of your country, Navy and subordinates. You seem like a great guy and I'm sure you're up to the challenge!

I made this just for you.
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/congratulations2.jpg

Marlin
May 30th, 2010, 00:56
Always good to hear news like this, congrats!! :salute::medals::salute:

TeaSea
May 30th, 2010, 05:35
Most excellent!!

cheezyflier
May 30th, 2010, 05:43
good for you!!!!

Roadburner440
May 30th, 2010, 06:05
Thanks guys. Pay does grow exponentially. Most important factors for me tho are 1) PTS (Perform To Serve) is not as big of a factor. Being a 6 1/2 year E-6 in my field is near impossible. Perform To Serve has been rolling people out even with high evaluations/qualifications/etc in the rank that I was at 2) Way larger responsibility. Now can go from just being a shift supervisor to an actual workcenter supervisor, or lead position. Sets me up for better advancement in the Navy, or prepares for high management in the real world. Finally figured out how to work my new scanner and edit out the important info. For some reason it kept breaking up the document. For you guys that used to be in a lot of this will look familiar.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/IMG.jpg

safn1949
May 30th, 2010, 06:37
Job well done,my friend.All of us old farts are envious of you.:d

Daveroo
May 30th, 2010, 07:13
congrats....allways great to hear when someone from our little comunity does well...great job and a great big THANK YOU for your service to our counrty...and that goes to all of you and those of you who serve your countries not of the USA......if that makes sense:jump:

Jagdflieger
May 30th, 2010, 10:32
Sierra Hotel!

strykerpsg
May 30th, 2010, 12:39
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/IMG.jpg

Congrats brother! What does your serv in pay grade 13.50 (YY/MM) mean? Is that the number years in service you currently have versus the average of advancements to E-6 in the entire Navy at 14.63 years? Anyway, I have seen Navy bases and their praise of CPO's. I am certain it's well deserved and earned.

Matt

Edit: Saw an earleir posting were you stated you only had 6 years in, so many congrats again, though still confused by the above outline.

Ken Stallings
May 30th, 2010, 12:54
E-6 in just six and a half years! Wow! That is very fast!

There are only three grades left and you have 13.5 years left at least to earn them!

Ken

Roadburner440
May 30th, 2010, 13:33
Yeah it's not 13.5yrs. It means that my 4 years of being an E-5 translates to 13.5 points toward the number at the end (final multiple score). The average of the people that made it was they had 5 years and 2 months in which equated to 14 some odd points toward their final multiple. Thanks again guys. Is finally starting to settle in. Had to buy all my rank collar devices and took everything into the tailors.

strykerpsg
May 30th, 2010, 13:42
Yeah it's not 13.5yrs. It means that my 4 years of being an E-5 translates to 13.5 points toward the number at the end (final multiple score). The average of the people that made it was they had 5 years and 2 months in which equated to 14 some odd points toward their final multiple. Thanks again guys. Is finally starting to settle in. Had to buy all my rank collar devices and took everything into the tailors.

Ok, got it, it's in parenthesis below it! Again congrats, your speed is on par with combat arms for the Army. Kudos!

Matt

PRB
May 30th, 2010, 13:50
Well Done, Steve!

:icon29:

gigabyte
May 30th, 2010, 13:51
OUTSTANDING!

:salute: