PDA

View Full Version : 6 - P-38s at Califorina capitol airshow

Daveroo
May 28th, 2010, 17:58
Hi all i know this is way early..but all i do all summer is go to airshows...i cant walk well and cant stand in lines...i use a jazzy powerchair..so i go to airshows with my dad ( he drives) blah blah blah...anyway..its in september..the 11th and 12th...the weekend before Reno...seems from the story in this new issue of AirClassics that at Edwards last year some warbird pilots and some promoter got together and set up a gathering of SIX P-38s for Mather and Reno the following weekend....IM GOIN....well to mather...then im going to Chico for the snowbirds and the A10 west coast areobatic team on the 26th...its accually going to be a great airshow season for northern california this year..but i can only make 4 shows.....dangit..........:wiggle:

PRB
May 28th, 2010, 18:01
Six P-38s? If there is a heaven, I'm certain they they have six P-38s, minimum... That would be bleepin awesome. Thanks for the HU.

TomSteber
May 29th, 2010, 02:23
Wow, I guess I was unaware that there were even six flying! I was thinking more like four.
Man, I wish I could see that.

stansdds
May 29th, 2010, 03:53
I think there are 10 airworthy P-38's in the world today. Having six of them together is quite the feat. Wish I was there to see it.

JorisVandenBerghe
May 29th, 2010, 04:46
Wish I could get there, since I haven't got any decent pictures of a P-38. Saw the Red Bull Lightning (former White Lightnin' I think ?) last year at an airshow, but the light was crappy and she could only make two (very fast) passes :frown:...

Brian_Gladden
May 29th, 2010, 06:44
This is the one I'm (Hopefully) going to this year.

http://www.boston-newenglandairshow.com/

Brian