PDA

View Full Version : Spangdahlem Autogen Fixed

falcon409
May 28th, 2010, 17:37
Well,
Jim Dhaenens was spot on with his post originally, when he mentioned the original boundary box size as opposed to the reduced size of the image could be the problem. This scenery contains over 300 objects, about 100 of those are his excellent HAS hangar objects, each one being reduced about 50% to get to the correct size for the scenery. . .his hangars alone, given the "original" size were enough to kill the autogen since they cover the entire length of the base. . .but that's not all, lol

Then there were the static aircraft made by Guy Diotte. . .3 A-10's and 1 C-17, each one being reduced from 1.0 to .330 and .023. . . .oh, but there's more, lol.

Finally, that nice Engine Run-Up pad with the semicircle blast fence. . .not an actual blast fence but a Dam, repeated 3 times to make the semicircle and reduced about the same as the aircraft. Now take all of those huge objects, each with a boundary box that is set to eliminate autogen and it's no wonder. I had gotten (reset the boundary boxes to allow autogen) everything except the 2 A-10's in front of the central hangars and the blast fences. When I reset those and closed the sim and reloaded it, all the autogen was back.

I made some screens to show the actual size of the static aircraft before they were reduced to usable size. . .you can see the problem.
By the way. . .those airplanes are not high above the base. . .they're actually sitting on the ground to show the area they would cover before being reduced.