PDA

View Full Version : Northen California coast

jmig
May 28th, 2010, 14:40
Just returned from vacation driving through-out northern California. Here are some pictures along the coast from Reyes Point to Eureka, CA.

The weather was overcast with light rain for most of the day, so the colors were subdued. I attempted to take some artistic shots showing off the best of what I saw. Feel free to comment, I did some light cropping to remove unwanted objects on some edges and played with the exposure settings slightly to try and enhance the dull colors.

luckydog
May 28th, 2010, 18:51
Nice shots jmig !!! That part of Californica is a photographer's paradise....

EasyEd
May 28th, 2010, 19:10
Hey All,

Nice pics John. I used to live in Arcata and even lived in Eureka for a couple years. Did you go through Petrolia and Ferndale or up 101 (do you know the history of Petrolia and oil?)? It is one of the most beautiful areas in California.

-Ed-

jmig
May 28th, 2010, 20:08
Hi Ed, We picked up 101 to the Humboldt Red Wood forest (will post some pictures of it later) by the time we hiked 1.5 miles to see the biggest tree and back, it was late. We had hotel reservations in Redding so we headed that way and hit snow in the mountains. LOL Arrived in Redding that night.

The next day we drove up and hiked around parts of Mt Shasta (more pictures) and then down to Yosemite, where we spent a couple of nights. (Even more pictures)

Snuffy
May 29th, 2010, 03:34
Thanks for sharing John!! Looks like ya'll had a good time!