PDA

View Full Version : Apple tops Microsoft! Who would have thunk it?

Cratermaker
May 28th, 2010, 06:38
http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2010/05/27/apples_value_tops_microsofts/
:salute:

MaddogK
May 28th, 2010, 07:32
Apples and Oranges (s'cuse the pun), Apple is hardware, Microsoft is software. Might as well compare Apple to GM.

Lionheart
May 28th, 2010, 07:46
Thanks for the heads up CM. I heard about that.

A pretty daunting task, making computers 'as well as' a top of the line, award winning OS.

..........and the cell phone market...

..........and the personal media device market, which they basically created...

Definately a company to invest in.

Allen
May 28th, 2010, 07:55
Definately a company to invest in.

For a while....

Apple think they can control every thing that can go on the *Incert what evey you want here* AFTER it sold to the user wich they can try but some one will come in with somthing just like it and give the user more options.

Apple's do as we say and nothing more will get them kick back down to the bottem. There not MS. When this phone thing gose way so will Apple.

Cratermaker
May 28th, 2010, 08:01
Apples and Oranges (s'cuse the pun), Apple is hardware, Microsoft is software. Might as well compare Apple to GM.
Well, not exactly. What about Xbox? Zune? (what's that? :icon_lol:) ? Granted Apple isn't into software nearly as much as Microsoft, but they do have their own OS, office sweet, etc.

Maybe comparing apples and pears? Funny thing is, if you look at both of them, each one would love to be more like the other! MS is trying to break in to the portable stuff and I'm sure Apple would like to make more inroads in to the OS and business app market share.

Chacha
May 28th, 2010, 09:07
Congratulations to Apple!

:ernae:

Panther_99FS
May 28th, 2010, 10:06
And with success, Apple is now starting to feel some of the heat that Microsoft has felt for years...--> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/2010/05/27/lake.apple.losing.cool.cnn?hpt=T2

MaddogK
May 28th, 2010, 10:49
Well, not exactly. What about Xbox? Zune? (what's that? :icon_lol:) ? Granted Apple isn't into software nearly as much as Microsoft, but they do have their own OS, office sweet, etc.

Maybe comparing apples and pears? Funny thing is, if you look at both of them, each one would love to be more like the other! MS is trying to break in to the portable stuff and I'm sure Apple would like to make more inroads in to the OS and business app market share.

Well Zuni and XBox are hardware tweeked to run only MS software, Apple has been designing hardware for many years and have developed versions of MS software to run on Apple hardware. Does MS design their own hardware ?? I don't think so, but apple does, and they do the software for their products.

IMHO, apples and oranges.

Cratermaker
May 28th, 2010, 12:10
Well Zuni and XBox are hardware tweeked to run only MS software, Apple has been designing hardware for many years and have developed versions of MS software to run on Apple hardware. Does MS design their own hardware ?? I don't think so, but apple does, and they do the software for their products.

IMHO, apples and oranges.
Or maybe they ARE in hardware development? :wavey:
http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Hardware-Development-Engineers-Jobs/194523/

Lionheart
May 28th, 2010, 12:54
Thanks for that link Panther. Some interesting news there.

That NY store must be danged HUGE!

All I know is that my iPhone, iPod Touch (gone now), iPad, and iMac 24" have done me well. I am really impressed with them and glad I got them. I wish I had more games on my Mac side and could run Gmax and FS in Mac mode.

Bill

MaddogK
May 28th, 2010, 14:04
Or maybe they ARE in hardware development? :wavey:
http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Hardware-Development-Engineers-Jobs/194523/

or not:

For IP we acquire externally, this candidate will be driving verification methodologies and requirements with the external vendors....from one of their hardware engineering ads. Only MS knows for sure, and i'm sure it's their secret.