May 27th, 2010, 16:44
I LIKE what you've done with the place ! :ernae:

Nice job, Guys
SC
:kilroy:

Rami
May 27th, 2010, 18:01
sc7500,

Canelo_Kid gave me some more categories to start with, but I asked to expand it further, and have spent much of this afternoon and evening going through over 500 files and organizing them.

As sc7500 indicates, it is much more organized and easier to use.

Both aircraft and skins are divided into the following categories...

American
British
German
Japanese
Other
Russian

There are also now categories for sounds, effects, and utilities.

Now that I have made these for you, just like any parent, I expect you to put your toys in the proper place. :d

tonybones2112
May 27th, 2010, 18:02
My question is right now we have 3 sources for planes and things here: Archive 1 and Archive 2 and then the Library for new add-ons. Are the new add-ons of broken link files going to be re-integrated back into the Archives, or are there going to be four sources for things?

A Party Pooper

Rami
May 27th, 2010, 18:08
Tonybones,

Yes. Three places, actually. There is no way to fix it. I have busted my butt to advocate for a place to restore the files that are missing, and to reorganize them to make them easy as possible for everyone to find. Unfortunately, the old library is "fixed," and there is no way to purge the broken links.

This, simply put, is the best solution we have, and I've spent the better part of a week going through and making the process as smooth as possible by fixing the user name of EVERY UPLOAD and cross-referencing that with the files which are missing.

Members such as Boatz, Captain Kurt, Sopwith Chameleon, Rohan, Fibber, and others have spent much of their valuable time uploading files so we may have them again.

I know you mean well, but after six hours of staring at file names and clicking away on the mouse, any hint of ingratitude frankly rubs me the wrong way. :angryfir:

tonybones2112
May 27th, 2010, 18:28
Tonybones,

Yes. Three places, actually. There is no way to fix it. I have busted my butt to advocate for a place to restore the files that are missing, and to reorganize them to make them easy as possible for everyone to find. Unfortunately, the old library is "fixed," and there is no way to purge the broken links.

This, simply put, is the best solution we have, and I've spent the better part of a week going through and making the process as smooth as possible by fixing the user name of EVERY UPLOAD and cross-referencing that with the files which are missing.

Members such as Boatz, Captain Kurt, Sopwith Chameleon, Rohan, Fibber, and others have spent much of their valuable time uploading files so we may have them again.

I know you mean well, but after six hours of staring at file names and clicking away on the mouse, any hint of ingratitude frankly rubs me the wrong way. :angryfir:

Ingratitude? No. Curiosity, yes. I never liked V-Bulletins from the first one I ever signed into.

Be cool, it's only ones and zeros, bro.

Bones

mariereid
May 28th, 2010, 05:29
Man, I don't care if they are 3 libraries, it's nice to see all this great stuff available again. Thanks fellas, I have a rough idea how time consuming and mind numbing this must be. :salute::ernae:

Fibber
May 28th, 2010, 21:13
Rami/Canelo Kid
I like what you have done with the place. Hate to say it but it looks like the way I re-orged mine while consolidating!:icon_lol: (but yours is better of course!)