PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 widescreen question

pjmac35
May 27th, 2010, 12:01
Have just moved to a 23" widscreen monitor from a 17", and am getting all my sims working with it, but CFS2 defeats me. The native resolution is 1920X1080 and CFS3 looks great, as does Il-2 1946.
Any ideas?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Syke

Jagdflieger
May 27th, 2010, 12:10
Pjmac,

I have a widscreen on this lap top and I put CFS 2 into "Windows Mode" so that I can drag or shrink the screen to the correct size. Press "Alt" and then the drop down menu for Views. Select "Full Screen" to get back and forth between Windows and Full Screen.

I've always flown CFS 2 in the Windows mode, so it looks quite normal to me.

Dataman
February 25th, 2014, 10:55
Pjmac,

I have a widscreen on this lap top and I put CFS 2 into "Windows Mode" so that I can drag or shrink the screen to the correct size. Press "Alt" and then the drop down menu for Views. Select "Full Screen" to get back and forth between Windows and Full Screen.

I've always flown CFS 2 in the Windows mode, so it looks quite normal to me.

Is there any way to lock down the new window setting, after you drag or shrink the screen to the correct size?

Each time I close the program and launch it again I need to repeat the process.

Thanks

Allen
February 25th, 2014, 12:26
In the CFS2.cfg there is [MAIN] and under that should be Location=. This should save the last screen seting used in in windowed mode.

Dataman
February 27th, 2014, 08:47
Allen,

Thank you for responding, but I might not have expressed myself properly.

Currently the screen appears to to "stretched" from left to right, with the view from cockpit not seeming quite right.

No matter the settings the game allows me to choose (1024x768, 1440x900, etc) I cannot seem to get the view right (in my eyes).

I used "ALT" + "ENTER" to go into a windowed mode.

Leaving the window covering my entire screen, with the title bar on top, I was able to manipulate the game window itself and shrink it to a size where it seemed more natural.

However, this re-adjustment does not stick.

Can it maybe be changed through this block of code?

[MAIN]
ShowLogo=0
RUNNINGBADHW=0
Location=0,0,1440,900
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
Maximized=1

Although somewhat exaggerated, I am looking for this "Before" / "After" result

Allen
February 27th, 2014, 15:09
It looks like CFS2 is not saving your last screen setting so you may have to in put it by hand.

Location= number work as follows. 1st one is screen left or right negtive means left. 2nd is up or down. Negtive means the upwards. Both of the first 2 should be 0. This will center the CFS2 in the middle of the screen. The next two set screen resolution. You should use something like 800,600 or 1024,768.

Next it looks like the Maximized= is not being changed. Change Maximized=1 to Maximized=0.

Once you do both fire up CFS2 and let us know if it worked. I'm puting the same codes below.

Location=0,0,1024,768
Maximized=0

dvslats
February 28th, 2014, 02:07
Hi Dataman,

Allen's instructions are spot on. The only other item you can check is in your video card control panel.
Most likely it is scaling your settings to wide screen. You will have to tick on "No Scaling".

Also go to [DISPLAY] in Cfs2.cfg and make sure you have "Mode=1024x768x32".

Dataman
February 28th, 2014, 09:30
Allen & dvslats,

Thank you so very much!

I did the "Location=0,0,1024,768" / "Maximized=0" + the "Mode=1024x768x32" and it worked like a charm!

:applause:

I did not have the chance yet to investigate the "No Scaling" aspect of my laptop, but it looks as if I may not have to do so.

I sincerely appreciate all of your help!

:jump:

dvslats
March 1st, 2014, 00:47
That's good news Dataman, glad you got her working. :encouragement: