PDA

View Full Version : Deep War is uploaded!

Rami
November 13th, 2008, 15:06
To all,

I have just uploaded the continuation of "Operation Barbarossa." This campaign is called "Deep War," and chronicles some of the fighting on the Russian front during 1942, focusing on the Murmansk and Leningrad sectors. You will have the opportunity to fly both Russian and Lend-lease types over the course of this campaign.

With the Finnish flying a multitude of aircraft types, you have the chance to have some unique dogfights unavailable in most over theaters. Examples include Brewster Buffaloes against P-40s, P-40s against P-36 Hawks, and in your toughest challenge...Soviet Lend-lease Hurricanes against Finnish Hurricanes!

(For a real challenge, fly with the radar display and the aircraft names off, and see if you can avoid hitting friendlies!) :costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

There is a joint campaign file that allows you to fly "Barbarossa" and "Deep War" in sequence if you wish. If not, Deep War has its own campaign file.

Be aware that later in 1942, the Fw-190 and the G-series Messerschmitts get introduced on the Eastern Front, which when you're flying certain types puts you at a considerable disadvantage!

I want to call special attention to EC_ILO, PSULLYKEYS, and Cody Coyote for their assiatance with the nagging issues which were plaguing this campaign. I firmly believe that by waiting, it made a better product for all of you. I hope you enjoy...and please post screenshots in this thread!

In addition, Ajax made 3 bases specifically for this campaign: Serebrianski, Volkhov, and Prodni.

By the way...with the next bundle of joy due in early March, along with Sara and James walking and now talking, my campaign time is being squeezed a skosh. The good news is that a lot of work on the Western Front is 70-80 percent done already, so once Achim delivers the bases, the campaigns should be out in short order. :d

Kofschip
November 13th, 2008, 16:17
To all,

By the way...with the next bundle of joy due in early March, along with Sara and James walking and now talking, my campaign time is being squeezed a skosh. :d

Boy, Rami, you are busy, congratulations.....:d:d:d

Jagdflieger
November 13th, 2008, 17:38
Congratulations on both!

Ettico
November 13th, 2008, 18:08
Western front? Campaign(s)? As in more than one?

You got my attention.:d

Rami
November 13th, 2008, 18:11
Western front? Campaign(s)? As in more than one?

You got my attention.:d

Ettico,

Just wait, my good friend. Just wait................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

(By that I mean World War II, not World War I.)

I moved back to the Eastern Front for a while to shore up that theatre, and to provide our "Red Star" enthusiasts some fun, myself included. Plus, it gave me a chance to show off some of Thicko's b-e-a-utiful aircraft!

Ettico
November 13th, 2008, 18:55
That's great, Rami. And congratulations on the bundle.:applause:

Rami
November 13th, 2008, 19:19
To all,

One other thing, while I'm still thinking about it. I contacted Greg Law at Reg's Hangar, and will be uploading final versions of the wars in the Finland theater, Kuban Bridgehead, Normandie-Niemen, Operation Barbarossa, and Operation Citadel this weekend.

All these campaigns eliminate a lot of "junk," fix naming issues, and clean up airbase layouts.

In addition, I have made a significant change to Leningrad. I changed the aircraft used to the Yak-9, as opposed to the Yak-3. This allows for a more realistic campaign experience, considering the Yak-3 wasn't deployed until 1944. It will also make the campaign noticably tougher. :d

Devildog73
November 13th, 2008, 19:53
Sorry Rami for not getting it all loaded and running in time to be one of your beta testers. I do look forward to flying it when I get it all put together.

Just did not have the time to devote to getting it all put together.

Rami
November 13th, 2008, 19:56
Sorry Rami for not getting it all loaded and running in time to be one of your beta testers. I do look forward to flying it when I get it all put together.

Just did not have the time to devote to getting it all put together.

Devildog73,

No problem! :ernae: It got taken care of either way. Just make sure you download the new copy (once it's in the queue) which irons out the bugs that were still in the version I sent you. :d

Ravenna
November 13th, 2008, 20:13
Busy and brilliant as ever! Many thanks Rami, and all the best for your next chapter.:costumes:
:ernae:

bearcat241
November 13th, 2008, 20:13
Wow...sounds like a world of hurt comin down...the last time i ventured to the eastern front was back in '03 with that Polish campaign "Sept 1939" i think it was, flying PZL P11c's.

gianlucabagatti
November 14th, 2008, 03:58
To all,

One other thing, while I'm still thinking about it. I contacted Greg Law at Reg's Hangar, and will be uploading final versions of the wars in the Finland theater, Kuban Bridgehead, Normandie-Niemen, Operation Barbarossa, and Operation Citadel this weekend.

All these campaigns eliminate a lot of "junk," fix naming issues, and clean up airbase layouts.

In addition, I have made a significant change to Leningrad. I changed the aircraft used to the Yak-9, as opposed to the Yak-3. This allows for a more realistic campaign experience, considering the Yak-3 wasn't deployed until 1944. It will also make the campaign noticably tougher. :d

hi rami, what do you think, better waiting regshanger upload or the campaigns u pm me are already "updated"? thanks a lot, gianluca

Rami
November 14th, 2008, 04:00
hi rami, what do you think, better waiting regshanger upload or the campaigns u pm me are already "updated"? thanks a lot, gianluca

Gianlucabagatti,

The ones I sent you ARE the updated ones, except Leningrad. I changed that last night after my own research indicated that I had used the wrong aircraft type for the time period.

miamieagle
November 14th, 2008, 05:29
Thank you Rami!:jump:

Jagdflieger
November 14th, 2008, 07:01
Up and ready to download at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=12982

Thakns Rami!

EC_ILO
November 16th, 2008, 06:07
Really, it's a fun and interesting campaign. I have merged it with the Operation Barbarossa and I'm enjoying the result.
There is a splashscreen for your EF install. If you like it, simply drop it in your UIRES folder (first backup the existing one).
Enjoy

EC_ILO

FritzHo
December 6th, 2008, 13:18
I can't fly mission 17. I got all the required planes etc, bur it still complains, that the mission is formatted improperly or corrupt, without giving an explanation as usual. Does anybody know why?

Oglivie
December 6th, 2008, 22:34
Thanks Rami!

I'll need a new computer or a HD upgrade for all these campaigns you're generating...:costumes:

Congrats on your new bundle my friend.

Rami
December 7th, 2008, 03:19
I can't fly mission 17. I got all the required planes etc, bur it still complains, that the mission is formatted improperly or corrupt, without giving an explanation as usual. Does anybody know why?

FritzHo,

First, thank you for your interest in flying the campaign!

Second, I am sorry that this has happened to you. I can't think of a reason why that is happening...but if you'd like I can send you the mission from my private collection and see if that fixes your issue. I would need your e-mail address.

Please don't post it in the thread, but send me a PM (private message) with your e-mail instead.