PDA

View Full Version : Installing flights

guzler
May 27th, 2010, 10:06
Hi guys,

I might be having a blonde moment here, but if I install flights within the 'Flights' folder they don't show up in Free Flight. The only place I can put them in is within My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files. Within my Flights folder there are several flights and sub folders with flights in. How do I use them ?

Thanks

WarBert
May 29th, 2010, 01:17
Hi guys,

I might be having a blonde moment here, but if I install flights within the 'Flights' folder they don't show up in Free Flight. The only place I can put them in is within My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files. Within my Flights folder there are several flights and sub folders with flights in. How do I use them ?

Thanks
In your free flight opening screen and just above the aircraft window are five buttons, the second from the left says Load, click on that and your saved flight window should appear.

Good luck!

Albert
www.warbirdsim.com (http://www.warbirdsim.com)

guzler
May 29th, 2010, 09:16
I've got no problem loading saved flights, but they are not saved into the FSX root folder, they are saved into My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files.

There are a few installations that have saved flights into Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Flights, but these don't seem to appear any where.

If I remember, FS9 has sub folders within flights that could be selected in the menu, but this doesn't seem to be the case in FSX.

Overshoe
May 29th, 2010, 10:44
Hi guys,

Thanks

The Aces eliminated the flights folder and you can't even have sub-folders in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files. Another "broken by design" FSX feature. All flights have to be in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files to be found by FSX.