PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a pair of Orbx airports in Australia

dswo
May 27th, 2010, 08:23
With the sale that's ending on May 31, most of the Orbx airfields in Australia are around US$16 (plus whatever your credit card charges for the foreign currency transaction). I now have the Blue, Gold, and Green region packs (Gold was purchased on sale a couple weeks ago), but I've never bought any of the airfield products. Could someone recommend a pair? They don't need to be closely spaced, but framerates are a priority.

IanHenry
May 27th, 2010, 08:36
My personal preferences are YPEC Aeropelican and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">YHBA</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Hervey</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, I just like the areas and the airports, although YSCH is also very nice.
Regards,
Ian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

BOOM
May 27th, 2010, 08:54
I agree with Henry,Hervey Bay is incredible!! I also really like YCDR Coloundra,A Huge amount of highly detailed scenery for the $$.

IanHenry
May 27th, 2010, 10:44
Yes the detail is fantastic; at Aeropelican some of the buildings across the estuary even have graffiti on the walls!
Regards,
Ian. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Rimshot
May 27th, 2010, 11:37
For short hops, Caloundra and Hervey Bay. Throw in the freeware Redcliffe and you'll have some great fields fairly close to eachother. I also like the combo Aeropelican, Warnervale and Cessnock. In my opinion, one of the best fields Orbx has made is Jandakot, with two freeware fields in the area, Busselton and Cunderdin your set for hours of fun in Western Aussieland as well.

HighGround22
May 27th, 2010, 12:29
While not quite an exact reply to your query, Ant's Aussie Airports are imho a real solid addition to the Orbx scenery, and his "Boonah" and "Warnervale" are outright gorgeous! Then too, the price is right.

doublecool
May 28th, 2010, 02:01
Cool idea

dswo
May 28th, 2010, 08:25
Thanks, gentlemen. I ended up buying Caloundra and Coff's Harbour: with freeware inbetween, I think they will make a nice string of pearls.

spatialpro
May 28th, 2010, 13:41
Did you buy FTX AU Gold to match?? If so, how is it??

dswo
May 29th, 2010, 17:09
Did you buy FTX AU Gold to match?? If so, how is it??

I did -- but no time to fly until later next week.

HighGround22
June 1st, 2010, 08:51
Did you buy FTX AU Gold to match?? If so, how is it??I did. It's (typically) drop-dead gorgeous!

strykerpsg
June 1st, 2010, 09:04
I did. It's (typically) drop-dead gorgeous!

Bought their whole continent this weekend and it is indeed drop dead gorgeous! I have been flying my J3 all around for taking in all the details, simply awesome!