PDA

View Full Version : CH products software manager

Daveroo
May 27th, 2010, 07:52
Hi all...im going to upgrade to the CH products elete yoke soon,,i read where if you use theyre software you can get up too 240 button uses thingies with it blah blah blah,,,,,,BUT how do you make FSX "see" that software?...for that mater..how does FSX see Mr Dawson program?....i really want to set up my throttles with reverse capability...so bottomline....

How do you get FSX to "see" (lack of better language) the software???

Snave
May 27th, 2010, 11:28
Hi all...im going to upgrade to the CH products elete yoke soon,,i read where if you use theyre software you can get up too 240 button uses thingies with it blah blah blah,,,,,,BUT how do you make FSX "see" that software?...for that mater..how does FSX see Mr Dawson program?....i really want to set up my throttles with reverse capability...so bottomline....

How do you get FSX to "see" (lack of better language) the software???

Simple. Plug it in.
USB devices will be automatically picked up in the sim. DO NOT install the CH product software, it's totally unnecessary if you're already using FSUIPC in its payware form - it will do everything you want for the controller, and a lot more.

One final tip: When you install the yoke and select it in the sim, by default the rudder is assigned to one of the levers - daft, but it does it. You have to scroll down the yoke assignments page to find it as it's not quite visible in the standard-sized window and change the lever assignment to power/pitch/mixture or however you want to set it up.
You don't want to know how many times I've helped simmers with that particular problem... first time involved a 180-mile round trip on the motorcycle in the pissing rain on the bike to my uncle as I couldn't figure the problem on the `phone and was positive the problem was with the CH software.
20 seconds after sitting in front of the computer I solved it. Having cursed CH and their software I put the waterproofs back on and rode back home, total visit time? 10 minutes including waterproofs off/on...

Navy Chief
May 27th, 2010, 13:31
DO NOT install the CH product software, it's totally unnecessary if you're already using FSUIPC in its payware form - it will do everything you want for the controller, and a lot more.

Just my experience, but I don't agree with the statement about not installing the CH software. There are times when for some reason, my CH control input is not recognized. But if I calibrate my controls with the CH Control Manager software, then all works just fine with FSX.............

To be honest, I have not used the payware version of FSUIPC; only the freeware version.

NC

Snave
May 28th, 2010, 07:11
Just my experience, but I don't agree with the statement about not installing the CH software. There are times when for some reason, my CH control input is not recognized. But if I calibrate my controls with the CH Control Manager software, then all works just fine with FSX.............

To be honest, I have not used the payware version of FSUIPC; only the freeware version.

NC

Only the payware version of the software offers access to the calibration and controller pages... so you are actually agreeing with me!

If FSUIPC is the free version then you might have a need for the CH software, as you may want to use it to calibrate, although I've heard of numerous problems with the CH software and FSX. I've never installed it so have no idea what it is supposed to do that FSUIPC cannot, but looking at its feature list there's a whole heap that FSUIPC can do that CH Control Manager can't...

Daveroo
May 28th, 2010, 09:16
i still dont understand how FSX recognizes the software,,,be it the ch manager or fsuicp....ive allways had to revert back and set my settings in the "game" because what i did in either of the programs just sat there...FSX didnt "see" them...

i dont know how else to word what im after

jmig
May 28th, 2010, 11:29
I used the CH mapper software for a few weeks after getting my throttle and stick combo. I gave up because I could never get it to work correctly all the time. Switched to FSUIPC and have never looked back.

I currently use four different I/O cards in my cockpit to operate the various switches. Three of the cards run through FSUIPC. It handles all of them doing multiple operations on some of the switches. The fourth card has its own programming language. FSUIPC is a lot easier to program, to me.

Snave
May 28th, 2010, 13:08
i still dont understand how FSX recognizes the software,,,be it the ch manager or fsuicp....ive allways had to revert back and set my settings in the "game" because what i did in either of the programs just sat there...FSX didnt "see" them...

I don't see how to make it any clearer. If the equipment is plugged in, then FSX will see it upon loading.

To make FSUIPC the `controllers controller` there are explicit instruction in the literature - you REMOVE ALL REFERENCE to the controller in the sim, and instead specify it under FSUIPC.

FSUIPC knows where FS is, it knows where the controller is, and it provides access to ALL possible permutations of levers and buttons. There are a number of instruction files in the FSX/MODULES folder to explain how to do this, there are specific instructions and guidance on the FSUIPC forum, and there's an entire army of FSUIPC users who have this working brilliantly so unless you haven't got the PAID FOR version of FSUIPC you should be able to search out and apply whatever you need. It's also pretty WYSIWYG when you look at it.

You still haven't said whether you have or not...

If you haven't got the paid-for version of FSUIPC then you don't see the assignment and calibration sections, so then you can use the CH software for which I assume there are specific instructions for use with FSX.

Murray Cod
May 28th, 2010, 18:21

From memory, assigning of axes has to be done in FSX rather than in the CH Control Manager software as FSX wasn't reconginsing axes I had programmed in CH Control Manager software.

However to assign a button to do something (lets say "E" for "Engine Start" then E needs to be programmed to that button in the CH Control Manager software, and "E" needs to be a command inside the FSX game.

The CH Product forums have always been very helpful when I have asked a question.

MC

stansdds
May 29th, 2010, 03:43
Murray Cod is correct, you must assign the axis commands using FSX, not the CHProducts software. The CHProducts software does allow you to calibrate your controls.

Navy Chief
May 29th, 2010, 05:28
Just for information, here is a link to a site with LOTS of help with CH controllers: http://www.ch-hangar.com/

Haven't been on it for a long time, but there was a member there named "Ghost" who is very knowledgeable about all the CH products/software, and is quite helpful.

NC

Daveroo
May 29th, 2010, 08:28
ok i get it now...i was confused as to the buttons.....thank you cod and others...whatta dork i can be at times...lol....:salute: