PDA

View Full Version : ETO Crashes to desktop-cfs3.exe has stop working

rcafmad
May 26th, 2010, 19:18
First of all. I use the Windows 7 Operating System. Recently my ETO add on will not load. The explaination for the stoppage is attached.

I have tried both the Window 7 fixes from the thread but no go. I have no problem with the PTO,MAW,CFS3 and second CFS3 named MAD add ons.

italflyer
May 26th, 2010, 21:56
Try this:

Go to your ETO-Directory, right-click on CFS3.EXE, choose properties.

In properties, choose compatibility, and set to "run as admin" and set compatibility to "winXP SP3"

wsmwsm
May 27th, 2010, 04:23
When I have experienced a similar issue (with Vista), the problem seemed to be a graphics issue. Have you recently updated a graphics driver and, if so, did you run the CFS3 config?

hairyspin
May 27th, 2010, 13:08
When I have experienced a similar issue (with Vista), the problem seemed to be a graphics issue. Have you recently updated a graphics driver and, if so, did you run the CFS3 config?

And if that gives no joy, find and delete uisel.xml from the C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________ folder. A new copy is generated when ETO runs.

wsmwsm
May 27th, 2010, 14:38
Here is another thought. It is a problem I encountered recently after having to reinstall ETO from scratch. Check the last aircraft you used. It will be listed in the uisel under player aircraft. It is conceivable that the sound is aliased to a engine sound or aircraft that doesn't exist. If that is the case, when you start up, the game crashes. I have noticed that there are at least a couple of sound aliases (at least in my recent install) for which there is no matching engine sound in the DR_Engine_Sounds folder in ETO.

To check, once you have found the last aircraft, correct the alias to any existing aircraft or engine sound. It should start up.

rcafmad
May 28th, 2010, 00:04
Thanks Fellows. As I title says: " I am in the fight again." The deleting of the the uisel.xml was the trick. It was 1:15 am in Calgary when I finally logged into the SOH Forum to see if there was an answer. There was!

Also there has been 2 updates for my Videon card that I did not about. You donot know what a relief it was to see my ETO load. I have attached a couple of pictures. The Pictures are still a learning experience.

Thanks Again.