PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Guam

Good_2_Be
May 26th, 2010, 15:31
Some of you know that I am relocating to Guam soon, mainly because life has just pointed in that direction with quite a few random events that just worked out in favor of this odd decision. We already have a house to stay in, no type of employment as of yet, not that employment here is much better. If all works out and we sell almost everything to keep shipping to a minimum we should be on our way in mid July.

I would like to ask the fine members of the Outhouse if they have any advice or information that may help us out on what to expect on Guam. Perhaps some advice on shipping such a long distance.

I know should have put this in Newshawks but this corner of the basement is more like home.

Thanks All

wahoo
May 26th, 2010, 17:11
Hafa Adai! I lived for many years on Guam and neighboring Islands and still have relatives there. Like all places it is what you make of it. Making connections and caring about the people and the Island will open up experiences few State siders ever get. There are several web sites you can check out what is happening there now. Begin learning the Chamorro language ASAP ( it can open doors other wise closed ) . Concerning shipping it was usually by weight not bulk space, large or small you'll pay for it by the pound. If you can clarify concerns or questions I can help more specifically or point you to sources. PM me or send it to this thread. Wahoo .

dmaloof
May 27th, 2010, 18:02
Hey good luck. i wish I could visit Guam. Will you be near the airbase there? The B-1 and B-52 are stationed there.

Good_2_Be
May 27th, 2010, 20:44
Hey good luck. i wish I could visit Guam. Will you be near the airbase there? The B-1 and B-52 are stationed there.

I think anywhere is close the the airbase :173go1:

Actually we will be in Yona, so hopefully drinking coffee watching the sunrise, then over to watch the sunset and drink Margaritas. Sometime in the middle of the day hope to be working :sleep:

Jagdflieger
May 28th, 2010, 11:16
Good luck Good 2 Be!

It's been years since I've been there, but I always enjoyed my stops there when transiting through the Pacific.

wahoo
May 28th, 2010, 14:11
Good_2_Be,
For an Island 35 miles by 5 miles travel times can be shocking. Lived a while, a little south of Yona once. A nice tropical breeze and good people to share sunsets with, among other things . You won't be too far away from where Sgt. Yokoi held out from '44 until '72 . We used to go prawn fishing around there, it was a shcok when he was found . Many WWII wrecks and history abounds on the island . Your ( future ) village used to host one of the best fiestas around. I envy you. Might be back there in a couple of years. You have a PM.

dmaloof, Were you ever stationed at Anderson AFB?

Wahoo

Good_2_Be
May 28th, 2010, 21:00
@dmaloof If I can I'll take some pics and post em. That reminds me, I need to get over to Falcon Field before Monday and see if I can get some interior shots of Maid in the Shade.

Thanks Jagd If your ever passing through stop on in :salute:

Thanks Wahoo, Hope to have you as a neighbor.

Good_2_Be
May 31st, 2010, 06:13
So much for going to Falcon Field today, last day they are open until the fall, after having a moving sale Fri, Sat, and Sun our Chihuahua is having puppies today. This will be her first litter so we need to stay close.

Good_2_Be
June 21st, 2010, 20:04
Leaving on July 24th, but I think I should have hired these guys to modify my truck

http://www.floatingcubans.com/