PDA

View Full Version : FSX Scenery Gurus Question; Leaves

Lionheart
November 13th, 2008, 13:53
Hey guys,

Is it possible to design a 'effect' where if you land on a dirt strip, one could have leaves and debris flying around behind you? or would this be a 'effect' for the aircraft's config file? (Can one put this into a scenery?)

Bill

chinookmark
November 14th, 2008, 07:10
It's definately possible to make a leaf effect, but I don't know how to tie it to scenery. The best I can offer is to change the dirt effect in the aircraft.cfg file. If I have time tomorrow, I will play around and see what I can do.

spotlope
November 14th, 2008, 08:29
Scenery effects can't be triggered by aircraft movements as far as I know. The only variables available are for time of day/day of year visibility. If you wanted an effect to be tied to touchdown, my guess is that it would need to be controlled by a gauge in the aircraft itself.

Lionheart
November 14th, 2008, 08:38
Thanks guys.

Bill, I wasnt sure if that was possible in FSX. Thought I would ask. Its for jungle landings, and I wanted some light debris of twigs and leaves to rustle up when the girl puts down. I didnt want the effect to show up though 'all' the time. I guess it could be switched on for 'dirt runways' (dust) only with a manual 'lock-out' for it so that you can land in the desert and not have flora chasing you. :d

Bill

JoeW
November 14th, 2008, 12:19
I was going to say ..... If you could change the color of the dust and debree on grass and dirt fields.... you got right there. there are "sometime" chuncks flying on dirt. You might just add more chunks to it and include it in the cfg.

Lionheart
November 14th, 2008, 17:15
Thanks Joe,

Thats a good idea.

:ernae:

Bill

Wozza
November 14th, 2008, 19:39
Hi Bill
You cant post xml code here so I posted this (http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1226723844/0#0) over at FFDS code forum
might be of some use to others anyway
Cheers
Wozza