PDA

View Full Version : Looking for B-29 for Korean War Install

GearyMcS
May 25th, 2010, 19:37
Hi All,

I'm looking for a B-29 for my Korean War install. The one that's part of the Korean Combat Pilot payware add-on doesn't show up in the game. So...if that won't work, I'll replace it with one that does.

I'd appreciate any help in finding one.

Thanks,

Geary

alpha_1
May 25th, 2010, 20:38
Hi Geary......If you give me your email, I'll send you one I think I found at Simviation, not sure exactly where though. I haven't tried it myself but it should be fine.

Cheers:salute:

alpha_1
May 25th, 2010, 21:49
Just took a look around, Geary .............if you look in our SOH CFS2 Aircraft Library you'll find a VB B-29 that you can download as well.

kelticheart
May 25th, 2010, 23:51
Hi Geary,

Bismarck13 made an AI B-29 and Old Wheat repainted it in with Korean War textures.

I also suggest very strongly Yashico's AI B-29, which is such a simple model that I never noticed a framerate drop even when the aircraft is displayed in large numbers. Yet Yashico's B-29 shape and proportions are astonishly accurate, while Bismarck13's model to my eyes looks a little shorter than real.

Both models are specifically built for AI purpose, with great framerate.

If you are interested, I even made a generic, fictional, USAF skin for Korean theatre usage, where I was able to make prop discs appear during flight. In the original Yashico model blurred propeller discs did not show up. This texture could be refined by more talented repainters than me, since it appears sort of "squeezed", but then it takes a normal shape on the aircraft, I find it very difficoult guessing the correct shape of the texture before hand.

Yashico's AI B-29 is available at: http://yashico.cool.ne.jp/html/aircraft.html

I guess Bismarck13's model has yet to be re-uploaded for the server restoration project.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

oldwheat
May 26th, 2010, 15:14
I think that you should upload the B-29 skin Kelti.

GearyMcS
May 27th, 2010, 06:16
Thanks Guys,

I downloaded all your suggestions and will see if I can get them to work. In the meantime, I ran the offending mdl through MDL Repair and that seems to have fixed the problem with the planes not showing.

I still need to find a good, flyable Korean War B-29 as the planes in the Korean Combat Pilot addon are a bit rough and simple. In fact, I need to change most of the planes out for something a bit newer and more refined.

Thanks again,

Geary

Jagdflieger
May 27th, 2010, 12:39
Lots of good Korean War stuff about.

If you haven't already, get the FOX 4 series of aircraft, airfields and scenery from:

http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm

My favorite Korean War planes, while payware, are worth the cost. They are the RAZBAM Banshee and Skyraider packs.

I also like the old F1 Sabre v. Mig package. It gives you a couple of very nice combatants from the era including a great F-51 Mustang in ROK and USAF liveries.

The now freeware Alphasim F-80 is probably in the Alpha Oldies section of the archives here.

Morton's update of JBK's F-84G is superb and should also be in the archive here (mk_JBK_F84G_Thunderjets.zip).

Nole
May 28th, 2010, 08:20
Jagd is correct. The Fox Four Korean AIs are great little birds and perform brilliantly. They can be downloaded in separate packs from the rest of the campaigns. Just read the directions. You can view them on the The Hunters page of the F4 site under Features/AI Aircraft.

Fibber
May 29th, 2010, 06:58
They are not attaching properly here, but look either here or at Simviation for B29cfs2up. zip and cfs2_b29.zip. They work together. Another is b29.zip and b-29_gnoopy.zip.

Take a look for "Gnoopy" Gnoopy's Beta CFS 2 B-29. This upload contains Tom "Gnoopy" Kohler's beta B-29 Superfortress bomber. "Sky Queen" is another. The "Sky Queen" B-29 is from the 40th BG. It is designed with GMAX. Includes max moving parts original dp file and CFS2 air and cfg file. It is by C. Rosenmann (c) 2002

They are not attaching properly here, but look either here or at Simviation for B29cfs2up. zip and cfs2_b29.zip. They work together. Another is b29.zip and b-29_gnoopy.zip. They also work together. There is also a b-29ai.zip. by Bismark over there.
This is from the "readme" B-29 AI aircraft for CFS2 by: William Dickens bismarck13@msn.com . "This aircraft was constructed to operate completely as an AI giving the best possible frame rates with enough detail to still resemble the actual aircraft. It has a minimum of polys, no panel or VC and only uses two .bmp files excluding the prop."

kelticheart
June 3rd, 2010, 01:14
Hi Geary,

I was able to turn a fictional generic repaint into an historical one. It's up in "CFS2-Skins-American"!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=37717

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

GearyMcS
June 3rd, 2010, 07:59
Kelticheart,

Thanks for the repaint. Looks great.

I've downloaded it and will install and fly as soon as I can get back to my Korean War install. (I'm working on it whenever I get a few moments of downtime.)

I may try to make this plane flyable as the reason I needed a Korean B-29 was for a mission in the Korean Combat Pilot add-on.

Grazie,

Geary