PDA

View Full Version : 'Nikon D40 "Digitutor"...'

Panther_99FS
May 25th, 2010, 17:54
http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/d40/index.shtml

Cloud9Gal
May 31st, 2010, 17:38
Thanks Ed! Very educational...I REALLY need to start reading and learning this stuff sooner than later! So much to do, so little time.
*Sigh*

Oh and on a different note, I'm happy to report that all Disney photographers use Nikon cameras :)

Kiwikat
May 31st, 2010, 17:42
Oh and on a different note, I'm happy to report that all Disney photographers use Nikon cameras :)

I wonder how big of a contract that was... :wavey:

It seems the cool thing to do these days is to buy rights to events. Canon was big at the olympics this year.

Cloud9Gal
May 31st, 2010, 18:16
KiwiKat~ Disney is known to drive a hard bargain, but it could very well be that Nikon would as well.

While spending time in Disney World, I noticed just as many Canon users as Nikon ones. I'd look to the left and see a Nikon, then on the right, I'd see a Canon EOS. I kept shaking my head! It was almost like an undercurrent competition! For each Nikon, there was a Canon! LOL!
Dont' count on me to tell you which one is better and/or more popular!

Panther_99FS
May 31st, 2010, 19:06
I wonder how big of a contract that was... :wavey:

It seems the cool thing to do these days is to buy rights to events. Canon was big at the olympics this year.

One of the ways that Canon got big was by offering sports photographers huge deals dump whatever they had and switch to the new Canon system that was out at that time....(I'll see if I can find the read on it..)

JorisVandenBerghe
May 31st, 2010, 22:50
Meh, Canon...;).

Can't stop dreaming of an A900 in the meantime, after watching pictures made with a D3X (http://belmaati.zenfolio.com/lowflyingjets)...(but than I'd have to get a 300mm f/2.8 G SSM, which I really can't afford...bloody expensive! At least the Sony is more value for its money than the Nikon...).

jmig
June 2nd, 2010, 15:56
Ed, I went to that site you posted. That think is really educational. Even though I have read through the manual and have Torn Hogan's book, I learned some things watching the videos.

Thank you for the heads-up.