PDA

View Full Version : Latest NHancer Problem

falcon409
May 25th, 2010, 17:47
Has anyone downloaded and actually used the latest version of Nhancer? I believe it's 2.5.9.

I downloaded and installed and when I double click the icon, the initial "Nhancer" logo comes up with the current version, sits there for a few seconds and goes away. That's it, the program never shows. I checked the Task Master "processes" tab and it shows that it's running, but I can't get the setup window to show.

Bjoern
May 25th, 2010, 17:59
Been using it 24/7 until I've upgraded to the 256.15 drivers (NHancer isn't compatible with those) without any trouble.

- Edit:

Just tested starting it and it refuses to fire up. So it's the drivers for me but I knew that before.

Have you picked the right version (x86/x64)? Tried to install the support service (helps primarily with admin rights issues)? Just let it sit there a while and (possibly) scan for application profiles (that takes a while)?

falcon409
May 25th, 2010, 18:44
Just read that NHancer does not work with the latest beta version NVidia driver, which is what I switched to. I may just revert back to latest full version driver and leave it at that. I'd rather have the latest NHancer than a beta driver that actually doesn't do a whole lot for my card anyways.

Back we go, lol :salute::salute:

noddy
May 25th, 2010, 23:23
Hopefully we will get an up date so that we can use the new driver, as it supposed the best yet!

Bjoern
May 26th, 2010, 16:29
NickN had a temporary solution for loss of AA in FSX due to the new driver. Look into the "256.15" thread.

Cazzie
May 26th, 2010, 16:53
Been using it 24/7 until I've upgraded to the 256.15 drivers (NHancer isn't compatible with those) without any trouble.

- Edit:

Just tested starting it and it refuses to fire up. So it's the drivers for me but I knew that before.

Have you picked the right version (x86/x64)? Tried to install the support service (helps primarily with admin rights issues)? Just let it sit there a while and (possibly) scan for application profiles (that takes a while)?

Aren't the new drivers beta version?

I never shall try another nVidia beta version. I did that once and it poohed the scrooch on a lot of stuff, had to revert back to the current drivers.

I am sure nhancer will be onto a fix when the tested 256.15 drivers come out.

Out of curiosity, I went to the nVidia Forceware site to see what drivers were recomended for my system and cards, it showed the version I currently have. until the 256.15 drivers show up there, I'll stay with what I have.

Caz

Caz

Bjoern
May 26th, 2010, 17:03
Aren't the new drivers beta version?

I never shall try another nVidia beta version. I did that once and it poohed the scrooch on a lot of stuff, had to revert back to the current drivers.

I've rarely had trouble with video card drivers. And when everytzing went south it really was the drivers.

Most driver-related problems stem from an improper installation caused by leftover files of the old drivers.