PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Shockwave lights?

TeiscoDelRay
May 25th, 2010, 16:59
I just downloaded the lights and they look great on the default planes and I want to put them on the addon planes that I have. I looked at the instructions and it seems they say I need to adjust light coordinates. I thought you just replaced the default lights with the Shockwave lights and used the same coordinates. ?

olaf1924
May 25th, 2010, 17:50
TeiscoDelRay I go to the A2A forum site for shockwave lights. The forum has a list of aircraft that have the shockwave lights conf already done. I just cut and paste and the aircraft now have the shockwave lights.

TeiscoDelRay
May 25th, 2010, 20:47
Yes I did but none of the planes I want to do are on the list. No one else has these and can answer my question?

Tako_Kichi
May 25th, 2010, 21:16
If the plane you want to add the A2A lights to already has lines for the lights in the aircraft.cfg file then you can just substitute the effect called for the A2A light effect you want to use.

If the plane has modelled lights rather than light effects then you will need to figure out where to place the A2A light effects as there will be no effects lines in the config file. It's not difficult, just time consuming. I wrote a couple of tutorials on how to do which are available on the A2A forum. Here is one I found for you...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12748

If you have any problems after reading that and trying it yourself shout again.

Kiwikat
May 25th, 2010, 21:33
After you learn to do it the first time, it is a lot easier. The PDF manual that comes with them explains it very well. Also remember to set a key command for reloading the aircraft. It saves a bunch of time.

TeiscoDelRay
May 26th, 2010, 09:35
Thanks, I am finding this very interesting,,,on a Connie I am setting up the original model location for the landing light was in the cockpit but after a bit of back and forth tweaking it sits where it is supposed to now.

One thing that bothers me is that some lights change posistion as you change your outside viewpoint.

Tako_Kichi
May 26th, 2010, 11:00
One thing that bothers me is that some lights change posistion as you change your outside viewpoint.
That's an FSX thing and you just have to live with it.

TeiscoDelRay
May 26th, 2010, 11:51
I thought it might be...