PDA

View Full Version : Gauge problem with the Shinden

falcon409
May 24th, 2010, 17:46
I posted this in the sticky, but it was passed over and probably won't get answered there so I need someone to look at this and tell me if you have the same problem. No one else has mentioned it, so am I the only one who has a quirky gauge?

PRB
May 24th, 2010, 18:02
When I first saw that, I assumed it was supposed to depict a hole in the panel for a gauge, that wasn't installed. Intentional, IOW. Could be wrong though.

falcon409
May 24th, 2010, 18:29
So you have the same thing?

PRB
May 24th, 2010, 18:36
So you have the same thing?

My panel does look just like yours in the screenshot. Are you talking about the "gauge" to the left of the compass?

PutPut
May 24th, 2010, 18:40
The clock called out in the panel .cfg is missing. If I did the coords right it is to the left of the G meter when it should be to the right. It is probably buried behind some structure.

Paul

Piglet
May 24th, 2010, 18:58
That's just a hole from a missing gauge. If you have Track IR you can see the neighboring instrument casings, and some wiring. My refs showed conflicting info, so I applied artistic license.
(Gotta love freeware!)
Maybe I had a clock there, hence the panel.cfg entry, but that was from random gauge placement during construction. During construction, my planes can look really messy and in shambles until near the end, when things get tidied up.

falcon409
May 24th, 2010, 19:58
That's just a hole from a missing gauge. If you have Track IR you can see the neighboring instrument casings, and some wiring. . .
Yep, I just flew some hops on the Flight Server and flew the Shinden into Princess Julianna. I was flying with the TrackIR and was looking at that gauge when I moved in and to the left and realized what it was I was looking at, lol. Actually, that's pretty cool, now that I know. Thanks Tim, great job as always and I can now retire Ito Sans version to the Museum Hangar!:salute:

TeaSea
May 25th, 2010, 16:06
Just stick a big "INOP" sticker on it....or cover it with a post it.

If you can't model it, put it on that part of your monitor.....

okay, maybe not.....

I'm off to download the beast now!! Thanks Tim!

gradyhappyg
May 25th, 2010, 16:46
You even get some panel holes with payware. All we need is some virtual duct tape. Anyone got a spare roll? LOL.

fsafranek
May 26th, 2010, 10:17
Yes, it's just a hole. From looking at the info here (http://gunsight.jp/c/english/sinden-e-3D.htm) the Fuel Pressure gauge would go there but Tim has combined the fuel and oil pressure into a single split gauge. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

I wish tool tips were included then I could verify sall that. I have them turned on but don't see any on this panel. Since you can turn them off I think they should always be included. JMHO :salute:
:ernae:

Bjoern
May 26th, 2010, 16:05
Since you can turn them off I think they should always be included. JMHO :salute:

Since it's just a fairly minor surgery on the XML gauge files, you can always add them yourself.

fsafranek
May 26th, 2010, 22:51
Since it's just a fairly minor surgery on the XML gauge files, you can always add them yourself.
That's true. I hadn't considered that. Thanks. That's one nice thing
about certain parts of FS aircraft, we can mod them ourselves.

Bjoern
May 27th, 2010, 08:01
That's true. I hadn't considered that. Thanks. That's one nice thing
about certain parts of FS aircraft, we can mod them ourselves.

Yep. Thanks to the moddability, Tom Ruths A300 for example now has halfway accurate and usable tooltips. :d