PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit tooltips

robert41
May 24th, 2010, 17:05
Hi all. New to FSX. Have a new computer, thanks to Harleyman. FSX runs great but cannot get the tooltips to work. The option is checked in FSX. Any ideas? I have FSX/Acc on Windows 7.

falcon409
May 24th, 2010, 17:50
I see that a lot too. Some airplane, I get tooltips on almost every gauge, others, nothing. I have FSPanel Studio and so if it becomes a big problem (like everything's in Russian and the tooltips don't work), then I'll go into FSPS and add the tooltips myself.

Generaly though, If the gauge has a tooltip but it doesn't show, I'm not sure why that happens really, but it does seem to be hit or miss.

Mathias
May 24th, 2010, 22:33
Tooltips are at times a bit laggy in fullscreen mode and don't work at all in DX10 preview and fullscreen.
Either Alt+Tab to windowed mode or run in DX9 to come around the issue.

falcon409
May 25th, 2010, 04:26
Tooltips are at times a bit laggy in fullscreen mode and don't work at all in DX10 preview and fullscreen.
Either Alt+Tab to windowed mode or run in DX9 to come around the issue.
I think that might be one of those tips that will work for some, but not everyone. Hopefully that fixes his issue. I rarely run in foll-screen anymore, and the main reason is that I used to fly Multiplayer every day and with FSHost Client and FSX you can no longer fly in full screen like you could in FS9 with FSHost. I just got out of the habit of flying in full screen along the way.

So I fly in windowed mode all the time now and never run DXT10 (the hype on that was way oversold), but I still have aircraft (entire aircraft panels) that render no tool tips.:salute:

Mathias
May 25th, 2010, 05:09
Hiya Falcon,

jupp, there might as well be issues on a per-aircraft-base with portovers or when the designer did not implement tooltips.
However, when tooltips appear to be globally off, running windowed mode and/or dissabling DX10 preview takes care of the issue.
That is if the box "show toolitps" is checked.

robert41
May 25th, 2010, 18:18
Thanks for the replies guys. Ill have to get used to flying without the tips. Much to learn about FSX.

sblzei
May 26th, 2010, 12:41
What happens to me is that if I have tooltips enabled , I get a very high probability of getting black transparents (glasses become all black) when I get back to normal 2D panel view after switching to map view.

When this happens, if I go to external view, clouds are just big squared boxes and any light (position, strobe, or airport's) are black boxes.

This happens regardless the drivers version for my NVidia 8800 vc

The only recovery action is to shut down FSX and restart it.

Very frustrating !!!

(without tooltips this is very unlikely to happen)