PDA

View Full Version : Video???

winslow33
November 13th, 2008, 11:29
Hello

I want to take a video in CFS. What program should I use to make nice clear smooth video, yet a fairly small file size?

Thank you.

hubbabubba
November 13th, 2008, 11:55
If you had asked "How to make a circle out of a square?", the answer would have been much simpler...:banghead:

The nicer, clearer, smoother a video gets, the more frames it needs, the more memory it uses. So you get stuttering, missing frames, and a very sh:censored:y game.

That is why I prefer to take pictures (screen captures) that I can, later, animate.

Guys here will propose you some progs, but they all made my machine crawl.:banghead: again!

winslow33
November 13th, 2008, 12:49
In that case, I suppose I can live with a moderatly large file... I guess if they are too big I can animate pictures with WMM (Windows Movie Maker:isadizzy:).

Thanks anyway.

smilo
November 13th, 2008, 13:24
something you need to know,
turning it on makes Hubba's machine crawl. :costumes:
no offense my friend, but it seems to be true.
I often wonder how you can stand it.
personally, I would be climbing the wall.

if you are interested, I have a nifty little program that acts as a gun camera. when finished, you need to edit the shots to make a .gif
it is definitely a hog and it takes time to put it together, but the results are pretty cool.
you can even adjust the quality of the pictures to save resources.
it's called Java Gun Camera

Skyferret
November 13th, 2008, 13:26
Winslow: fraps.com is commonly used by a lot people. I never tried it but as Hubba mentioned, it can slow things down. This is because it's an extra app running.

anbu
November 25th, 2008, 11:23
i have fraps, i like it. it doesn't slow my computer down at all and you can pick what frame rate you want to record in. the options are 25 to 60 fps. the more frames, the bigger the file will be, i took a 30 sec video at 60 fps and the video was 3 GB but at 30 its way better. i just started using it again because i got cable internet and can use it for online games and upload the videos.

i'm uploading one now for all of you guys to see.

winslow33
November 25th, 2008, 11:30
yeah I got fraps a few days ago and like it so far. it didnt really slow down my computer.:d