PDA

View Full Version : "pseudo-admin-activities"

Aviator273
May 24th, 2010, 00:51
Don't know how to react on this... got a message by a user called CarlosDevil ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=90876 ) claiming I or my account/computer was detected as a spammer and I should call up a website to make a "online-virus-test" (what might be as much unreal as his admin-status). Since this user is noted as a "New Member" I think the real admins might like to visit his page.

Besides me the users nimiz000, danbigel, timbo2410 and Bigboss83 have been contacted, too.

I will not open the link he sent me. And if I've really showed spamming-activities ang got everythink wrong with this member I would like to ask an other admin to prove this.

Thanks for reading, the original message will be attached:

Take measures immediately!!!!!
Dear, nimiz000;danbigel;timbo2410;Bigboss83;Aviator273!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: link disabled
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/)

Ewan Huzarmi
May 24th, 2010, 01:13
Don't know how to react on this... got a message by a user called CarlosDevil ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=90876 ) claiming I or my account/computer was detected as a spammer and I should call up a website to make a "online-virus-test" (what might be as much unreal as his admin-status). Since this user is noted as a "New Member" I think the real admins might like to visit his page.

Besides me the users nimiz000, danbigel, timbo2410 and Bigboss83 have been contacted, too.

I will not open the link he sent me. And if I've really showed spamming-activities ang got everythink wrong with this member I would like to ask an other admin to prove this.

Thanks for reading, the original message will be attached:

I've received the same as above but with different addressees and noted the same regarding him being a new member (May 2010)

I investigated the link (via another computer I use for testing purposes) and that was stopped from opening by my security software.

Admin, over to you.

flying dutchman
May 24th, 2010, 01:15
I Have a same sort of message (also from CarlosDevil):

Take measures immediately!!!!!
Dear, Gabbo98;flying dutchman;sonic007m;masper;gunner25!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: link disabled
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com)Not aware of the posibility of a false message, I did open the link, the link looks like a spamdetecter, but it also wanted to download a file on the computer (witch I prevented). I checked with my spyware software of the computer a few files witch the link said was spam, but it wasn't.

flying dutchman

flying dutchman
May 24th, 2010, 01:23
there is also another thread running about this .here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=37154&pagenumber=)

Aviator273
May 24th, 2010, 01:33
woops.. haven't noticed the other thread. Well... somehow sad that there are always idiots trying to make everything worse, even in such a nice place like SOH.

flying dutchman
May 24th, 2010, 01:36
yes, I don't understand the fun of it. What is his advantage?

Ferry_vO
May 24th, 2010, 01:43
Looks like a spammer to me, and he is not a part of our staff!
Please do not click on the link sent to you.

Banned his account.

SIAI S81
May 24th, 2010, 02:03
I received that msg too this morning. I delete it.

stewpot
May 24th, 2010, 02:57
Me too.

safn1949
May 24th, 2010, 05:19
He's a spammer.He tried that nonsense on the forum I moderate and got booted.:d

Moparmike
May 24th, 2010, 07:19
It was a spambot that snuck through the cracks. That one is gone now.

Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Ken Stallings
May 24th, 2010, 15:53
Aviator,

One good thing came of this spammer idiot! I got to see your avatar image! I love it! :icon_lol:

Is that a real sign near an airport?

Ken

Aviator273
May 26th, 2010, 03:41
Jup... as you may know, after WWII and the cold war, there have been build a lot of small airfields near several small towns wich were strategic points. Now they are used both as a parking lot and as an airstrip since it is still long enough for small aircraft. As a result, these signs can be found there. I think I've taken this shot in poland near the Baltic Sea, but there should be places with these signs in the USA as well. Aren't there some towns where you can use ordinary streets as a runway? Spruce Creek, Florida for example should be one of this places. There you might find them, too.