PDA

View Full Version : Well it finally happened folks...

Wittpilot
May 23rd, 2010, 17:01
After 8 years of being an avid cell phone user..... My iPhone found it's way into water..... All gone.... I am most upset about losing the pictures because I hadn't backed them up in a very long time... Everything else I think can be replaced. It was a good run... I typically made a point to take care of my phones, but I guess my time was up. Now I have to see if I'm in that "couple of months early" grace period for re-upping my plan so I can get a new one. We will have to see.

-witt

Lionheart/Panther, you can send your "Sorry for your iLoss" to 1434 I'm Screwed LN......

Panther_99FS
May 23rd, 2010, 17:07
That bites!
What water did you lose it in :ques:

Wittpilot
May 23rd, 2010, 17:21
It was in the waist band of a pair of shorts and I had forgotten it was there...was getting ready to jump in the shower and it fell in the toilet..... and if I had had my old case on it, I bet I could have saved it before the water got in, but I had it in a newer less protective case....

Panther_99FS
May 23rd, 2010, 17:38
Hmmm...
Somehow, I kinda knew that "toilet" was going to be mentioned....:monkies:

Chacha
May 23rd, 2010, 17:47
It was in the waist band of a pair of shorts and I had forgotten it was there...was getting ready to jump in the shower and it fell in the toilet..... and if I had had my old case on it, I bet I could have saved it before the water got in, but I had it in a newer less protective case....

Eeeks!

Did you have an insurance on it?

smilo
May 23rd, 2010, 17:50
Hmmm...
Somehow, I kinda knew that "toilet" was going to be mentioned....:monkies:
bad luck, witt, sorry about that.
it is such a drag to lose pictures.

I recall hearing somewhere that the toilet
is the #1 cause of cell phone water death.
where I work, getting run over by a forklift tops the list.
I have been considering
high velocity impact against a concrete wall for mine,
that, or going airborne out the truck window at 60 MPH.
among other things, the darn thing has taken to shutting itself off
when I try to answer a call...grrrr

Lionheart
May 23rd, 2010, 18:57
Witt,

They have this new gell material stuff you put in a ziplock bag with your phone and let it set for 24 hours and it takes all the moisture and water out of the plastic bag and phone. Give that a try first.

Sorry for your loss. At least you are close to the newest iphone release.

Bill

Bjoern
May 24th, 2010, 06:25
If your phone gets soaked, remove the battery and let it dry out for a night or two. It should at least work well enough to allow backing up every relevant content then.

GT182
May 24th, 2010, 06:33
Sorry to hear that Witt. You gotta potty train the next one. ;)

MaddogK
May 24th, 2010, 06:46
If it's got a simm card you might try drying that out for a few days, and reading it with a card reader. Phones prolly toast tho, if not, being in the toilet is just gross.

TeaSea
May 24th, 2010, 14:36
I just want to point out that I manage 400 plus BlackBerry's....

The number one reason for their demise is a trip to the toilet. I think we lose about a dozen a year as sacrifice to the porcelain god.

I'm not sure what observations one should take from that....

Panther_99FS
May 24th, 2010, 17:57
The number one reason for their demise is a trip to the toilet. I think we lose about a dozen a year as sacrifice to the porcelain god.

I'm not sure what observations one should take from that....

The take-away is that throne room reading is now in the digital era....:d

Wittpilot
May 24th, 2010, 18:12
Fortunately folks my wife got a new iPhone a few months ago because her last one the on/off button did not work... So, I am using that one... I mean, how often do you really turn your phone off anyways??? So, all is not completely lost.. and I am awaiting either just getting another phone like I had, or trying to figure out if the new iphone will be available this year?????

-witt

Bjoern
May 25th, 2010, 16:59
I mean, how often do you really turn your phone off anyways???

Two, three times every couple of weeks or months...for flashing the firmaware to yet a new version.