PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to learn a new skill in CFS2

mariereid
May 23rd, 2010, 05:35
Hi, Gents; Well, I am going to take a crack at this. I am reading G.J. Smith's tutorial at the moment, and fell that I might be able to learn how to do this. That's something I rarely say, being 59, I believe it's hard to teach an old dog anything. I hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions in the future.

What I really want to learn is weathering and renumbering. I am curious about what is legal and what is respectful. For example: say I wanted to change a Morton skin on a FDG aircraft. To me that is already perfect, but I would like to have a few more renumbered aircraft, mostly for scenery. Do I ask the authors for permission?

Could you suggest more tutorials? More tools? I hope to work on Cactus Airforce models, f4f, p39.

Well, back to reading, see ya........Rick :ernae::salute:

AGAS 5
May 25th, 2010, 02:56
Rick,

If it's for your own use and not distributed in any manner, then do what you like - you do not have to seek permission.

Tools:

a) Paint programe. If just starting out then use a freeware one like GIMP.
b) DXTBMP from Martin Wrights site. Don't forget to also get his .dll's.

Tip: When using DXTBMP, go into preferences/select editor and point it to your paint programe.

Good luck & have fun.

Pete

mariereid
May 25th, 2010, 06:40
Thanks Pete; I got all the gear, psp (ultimate photo x2), Martin's stuff. Had a little chat with Sully, now I will experiment with the programs for a while and get used to them. I'm not planning any great planes to upload to the site (not yet, anyway). I just want to experiment with some areas of the sim. I just want to know a little about how to do scenery, repaints, etc. I have great respect for ALL the authors of add-ons and for the guys who made tools for us to use. Being a pc idiot, I am in awe of what these guys have done. Thanks all of you for your great work.

Well, I guess I won't worry about mangling someone's great paint job, who's gonna see it anyway, hee, hee!:ernae:

mariereid
May 25th, 2010, 14:23
Anyone using psp pro Ultimate Photo X2? I am using this for CFS2. Are there any settings I should change? Thanks.:ernae:

crashaz
July 1st, 2010, 21:33
Used Paint Shop Pro XI.

You will learn to love layers.

Works just fine... just follow the tutorials and then come back here for questions.
We all started out with just as much trepidation... welcome to the club!