PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim 707 - First Preview

An-225
May 22nd, 2010, 23:43
Not a large preview, but still noteworthy.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x707/

Looks like it has 3D gauges.

Roadburner440
May 23rd, 2010, 06:12
This is excellent news. I have been waiting for this one for a loooonngg time now. This will be a very nice addition. Thanks for the heads up.

mal998
May 23rd, 2010, 07:05
OK,
I must be hallucinating, but I notice that the folks at CS have chosen to completely ignore the results of their own poll by excluding for release, every single variant that was voted upon (not to mention the ones that were rated the most popular).

No KC-135, no earlier models...I don't get it? They have ignored the models that I, and many others were most interested in. On one of their FS9 web pages they state that the same 707 versions slated for FSX release were the most popular 707 models. And I quote from the FS9 advert, " The package includes five most popular versions of the 707". Well fellas sorry to disagree, but not to my way of thinking.

It appears the models slated for FSX release are the exact same models that were part of the FS9 release. I'm only speculating here, but does this mean that the old models are being ported and will not be native FSX?

Hopefully they will add more versions as they go along, but at this point I see no reason to get very excited.

Unless they add to the line-up with native FSX models, I'm sorry to say, I'll have to pass.

Signed,
a disappointed CS product owner :-(

Rezabrya
May 23rd, 2010, 07:35
Generaly the way CS does things is they release a base pack and then expansion packs of other models at a later date. Take a look at their 767 or 727 line. I think that is what will be happening here. They WILL also be native FSX.

mal998
May 23rd, 2010, 07:38
Generaly the way CS does things is they release a base pack and then expansion packs of other models at a later date. Take a look at their 767 or 727 line. I think that is what will be happening here. They WILL also be native FSX.

Here's hoping you're right! ;-)

Kiwikat
May 23rd, 2010, 07:40
It looks like they are still using some 2D gauges too. It is hard to tell which are 3D and which are 2D from those shots. It looks like a couple might be 3D but there are definitely some that are still 2D.

If the 727 was any indication, I'll be skipping over this one. It does look pretty good, but there's far more to an addon than looks.