PDA

View Full Version : H/U: Eaglesoft Diamond TwinStar released!!!

euroastar350
May 22nd, 2010, 23:33
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/DiamondDA42.htm

Ark
May 23rd, 2010, 00:38
This is on my "must buy" list. :ernae:

Felixthreeone
May 23rd, 2010, 15:37
Yahooo!!!!! Thank you Eaglesoft! I will be purchasing today or tomorrow!!!

....Anyone who has purchased it already....any report on the flight dynamics or framerates?

Ark
May 23rd, 2010, 16:10
Yahooo!!!!! Thank you Eaglesoft! I will be purchasing today or tomorrow!!!

....Anyone who has purchased it already....any report on the flight dynamics or framerates?

Framerates seem very good. No issues here. The VC/2D are excellent and the external model is very well done. Lot of eye-candy with what seems to be little to no performance hit.

With regards to flight dynamics (and taking into account I have never flown a real one), the flight dynamics seem very believable. Eaglesoft had a few real-world Twinstar pilots beta testing for them, IIRC.

N400QW
May 24th, 2010, 07:52
Thanks Ark and all of you FS9 guys.:salute:

Felixthreeone
May 24th, 2010, 15:46
Bought it last night, loaded up FS and all I can say is...WOW! Very, very nicely done Eaglesoft!!!!

N400QW
May 24th, 2010, 17:02
Bought it last night, loaded up FS and all I can say is...WOW! Very, very nicely done Eaglesoft!!!!
Our thanks Felix! Glad you like her.:salute:

Felixthreeone
May 27th, 2010, 16:44
One quick question....I noticed that the bitmaps for the VC are rather large (4mb)...any way to potentially make them smaller without killing the quality for slightly faster loading?

Ark
May 27th, 2010, 18:50
One quick question....I noticed that the bitmaps for the VC are rather large (4mb)...any way to potentially make them smaller without killing the quality for slightly faster loading?

If they are 32bit (I haven't checked), you could reformat them to DXT3. That should help.

arl
May 29th, 2010, 04:13
The Spring discount jpeg seems to have disappeared early, or is this just my system trying to stop me bending the plastic??

whitehawk_2009
May 29th, 2010, 08:45
How much is it? I don't see a price.

WH

Aztec
May 29th, 2010, 23:21
How much is it? I don't see a price.

WH
$34.95. Sounds like pretty good value for an aircraft with that level of detail. I reckon the guys at ESDG are their own worst enemy - I bought the Citation II ages ago and it has been the main add-on I flown ever since; every time I visit their site I think about getting the Comanche but I haven't stopped flying the Citation for long enough! Maybe the TwinStar will be the one to break the drought.

thefrog
May 29th, 2010, 23:51
$34.95. Sounds like pretty good value for an aircraft with that level of detail. I reckon the guys at ESDG are their own worst enemy - I bought the Citation II ages ago and it has been the main add-on I flown ever since; every time I visit their site I think about getting the Comanche but I haven't stopped flying the Citation for long enough! Maybe the TwinStar will be the one to break the drought.

If the vc is so good, why don't they put at least one decent screenshot of it on their site? (unless I've missed it) There's only a couple of zoomed-out views and some external shots of the interior. Usually when a developer does this I suspect the vc isn't very good. I know Eaglesoft do very good vc's but I like to see before I buy!
Frog

n4gix
May 30th, 2010, 09:46
Usually when a developer does this I suspect the vc isn't very good. I know Eaglesoft do very good vc's but I like to see before I buy!
Frog

With a 30 day, no questions asked refund option, what's the risk of viewing it on your own system?

After all, screenshots aren't really all that good to begin with because of the need to reduce their size, not to mention the loss of crispness and detail that compression causes... :bump:

But I will tell you this, as the modeler of the a/c as well as the artist who created the textures used by Ms. Polly Purdy, if you zoom in on her left ring finger, you can count the facets of her diamond!

Now if that ain't crisp detail, I can't imagine would would be! :jump:

Sundog
May 30th, 2010, 10:22
Congrats Bill and ES on release of the Twinstar. It's on my must buy list. ;)

N400QW
May 31st, 2010, 04:27
If the vc is so good, why don't they put at least one decent screenshot of it on their site? (unless I've missed it) There's only a couple of zoomed-out views and some external shots of the interior. Usually when a developer does this I suspect the vc isn't very good. I know Eaglesoft do very good vc's but I like to see before I buy!
Frog

Suspect?? :isadizzy: Nothing to hide. Check with owners who like her...

Felixthreeone
May 31st, 2010, 07:56
Believe me...as an owner of MANY Eaglesoft aircraft over the years, I have seen the VC's get better and better; Now, mind you, I am not in any way affiliated with Eaglesoft. I can say, after waiting for this aircraft (and having VERY high expectations for it), That they have absolutely hit the nail squarely on the head in terms of accuracy, and more importantly, the 'feel'. As a long time Track IR user, and real-world Cirrus pilot, I can attest to anyone here who is on the fence about this aircraft that it is ABSOLUTELY worth the price of admission. The VC does hit the frames *slightly*, but for complex G1000 avionics, that comes with the territory. Night lighting is outstanding, and even if you don't use TrackIR, you will be very, very happy.

N400QW
May 31st, 2010, 15:38
Believe me...as an owner of MANY Eaglesoft aircraft over the years, I have seen the VC's get better and better; Now, mind you, I am not in any way affiliated with Eaglesoft. I can say, after waiting for this aircraft (and having VERY high expectations for it), That they have absolutely hit the nail squarely on the head in terms of accuracy, and more importantly, the 'feel'. As a long time Track IR user, and real-world Cirrus pilot, I can attest to anyone here who is on the fence about this aircraft that it is ABSOLUTELY worth the price of admission. The VC does hit the frames *slightly*, but for complex G1000 avionics, that comes with the territory. Night lighting is outstanding, and even if you don't use TrackIR, you will be very, very happy.
The entire Team thanks you Felix!:salute:

Felixthreeone
May 31st, 2010, 16:32
The entire Team thanks you Felix!:salute:

....I just call them like I see them, 400QW....simple as that. If it sucked, well, I probably wouldn't say much of anything. But it is good. VERY good. And it deserves to be touted as such. FS9 addons are hard to come by these days, and ones of this caliber need to be given considerable attention. Not just because they are good, but because they even exist at all; Made possible by developers like you that still support FS9. Thank you Eaglesoft. And rest assured; When I move to FSX several months or a year from now, I will go right to your site, and re-purchase every aircraft I currently own for FSX. I promise you that.

N400QW
June 1st, 2010, 05:58
....I just call them like I see them, 400QW....simple as that. If it sucked, well, I probably wouldn't say much of anything. But it is good. VERY good. And it deserves to be touted as such. FS9 addons are hard to come by these days, and ones of this caliber need to be given considerable attention. Not just because they are good, but because they even exist at all; Made possible by developers like you that still support FS9. Thank you Eaglesoft. And rest assured; When I move to FSX several months or a year from now, I will go right to your site, and re-purchase every aircraft I currently own for FSX. I promise you that.
Wouldn't have it any other way Felix. Thanks again for your business and your insight...