PDA

View Full Version : Simnetwork.com

Railrunner130
May 22nd, 2010, 17:51
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the administrator at simnetwork.com?

I notice that they are a pay site and are listing a number of my freeware works in it. I need to get them to take those files down. This is a violation of the agreement listed in each of my downloads as well as a violation of the agreement of the original authors that I have.

Ickie
May 22nd, 2010, 17:54
if they use paypal, contact paypal they will invesagate and remove them

wbuchart
May 22nd, 2010, 18:10
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the administrator at simnetwork.com?

I notice that they are a pay site and are listing a number of my freeware works in it. I need to get them to take those files down. This is a violation of the agreement listed in each of my downloads as well as a violation of the agreement of the original authors that I have.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SIMNETWORK.COM
Created on: 08-May-00
Expires on: 08-May-11
Last Updated on: 01-May-10
Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration SIMNETWORK.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598
Technical Contact:
Private, Registration SIMNETWORK.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DATASISTEMI.NET
NS2.DATASISTEMI.NET

Willy
May 22nd, 2010, 18:37
Good Luck. They've had some of my old stuff for years and I was never able to get it took down.

OBIO
May 22nd, 2010, 18:42
They have my files on their site as well...nothing I can do about it.

Here's the catch....Simnetwork.com allows you to download files for free...but only after you wait something like 20 minutes or so for each download.

OBIO

Ken Stallings
May 22nd, 2010, 19:17
They have my files on their site as well...nothing I can do about it.

Here's the catch....Simnetwork.com allows you to download files for free...but only after you wait something like 20 minutes or so for each download.

OBIO

I find that crap so dishonest!

I would respect someone for saying up front you pay a fee for their services, but to put some weasely catch in place really chaps my rear!

Rule on the DMCA are enforceable. If you serve notice someone is violating it, you can file suit against them. While I understand folks opt against it due to costs involved, I think the trend in the courts is to finally get tough on this nonsense.

Ken

OBIO
May 22nd, 2010, 19:59
Just out of curiosity, I went over to Simnetwork....just to see how long they make you wait to download the files for free...and there is no longer any free downloading. Nope...got to pay a membership fee. I fired them a message asking them why my FREEWARE files, in which my "copywrite" clearly states that they are not to be uploaded to any site that charges a fee to download files, are on their site, why I can not download my own files, which I did not upload to their site, without having to pay a fee. Won't do any good...but just felt good firing a shot across their bow.

OBIO

Skittles
May 22nd, 2010, 20:03
Just out of curiosity, I went over to Simnetwork....just to see how long they make you wait to download the files for free...and there is no longer any free downloading. Nope...got to pay a membership fee. I fired them a message asking them why my FREEWARE files, in which my "copywrite" clearly states that they are not to be uploaded to any site that charges a fee to download files, are on their site, why I can not download my own files, which I did not upload to their site, without having to pay a fee. Won't do any good...but just felt good firing a shot across their bow.

OBIO

Fire a shot across their bow with a letter from your lawyer.

I bet all of a sudden they'll be willing to help out.

OBIO
May 22nd, 2010, 23:28
Fire a shot across their bow with a letter from your lawyer.

I bet all of a sudden they'll be willing to help out.

My lawyer? I can barely afford to pay rent and buy groceries....no way in heck I can afford a lawyer just to go after a sim site that is hosting some freeware skins that I made for other people's freeware planes. Like I said, there is nothing I can do about it...just felt good letting them know that I was not happy with my files being hosted on their site and doubly so since people have to pay to download them.

OBIO

Willy
May 23rd, 2010, 00:28
When I went around with them over my stuff, I demanded a cut of the take.

cajj1
May 23rd, 2010, 00:33
I was able to download a file from Simnetwork after a 10 minute wait during which time I was able to download the same file from two other sites and had plenty of time left to make a cup of tea :wiggle:

Download statistics show that the file had been downloaded 3 times from Simnetwork and over a thousand times from one of the other sites, makes you wonder why they bother really..

tigisfat
May 23rd, 2010, 00:53
This is kinda a longshot since this particular site is in Arizona, but I figured I'd offer. If any of the freeware developers here have problems like this with a site or association in California (because of where the lawyer is barred) and there is no option but litigation, I will help. I'm not rich or any kind of powerful guy (to say the least), but I retain an outstanding business lawyer here that helps me out because of a mutual fraternity. He's AV rated and I can't say enough good things about him. He doesn't even usually charge if I need a 'cease and desist' letter written.

On a personal note, I'm very sorry to hear that. That's absurd.

dominique
May 23rd, 2010, 01:12
I wonder about people paying from a little known site something they can get free through major libraries like Avsim or Flightsim :confused:. I miss something...

tigisfat
May 23rd, 2010, 01:16
I wonder about people paying from a little known site something they can get free through major libraries like Avsim or Flightsim :confused:. I miss something...

I think that many newcomers to this hobby aren't aware of all the resources available to them, and their first stop on the internet may be a place like FSPilotshop.com. If they find a site like the one this thread is about soon after, they may think it's a good deal. I dunno, just speculating here.

Railrunner130
May 23rd, 2010, 05:16
Thanks for the info guys. I just sent an e-mail. We'll see how that goes. Somehow, there are 211 files of mine up there. I know I've released somewhere between 60 and 100, so I'm not sure what the rest are.

If I don't get satisfaction, I'll try the paypal route.

Railrunner130
May 23rd, 2010, 12:21
UPDATE-
I just checked my e-mail and several of them were from webmaster at simnetwork.com. All of the files were removed today according to the e-mail. Very fast response.

If anyone else (I noticed Tim Conrad files there as well) wants their files removed, I'd try that e-mail address.

Thanks guys!

OBIO
May 23rd, 2010, 12:25
I also got an e-mail from Simnetwork stating that my files have been removed. I will browse through the site later and see if they have been removed.

OBIO

Willy
May 23rd, 2010, 18:00
Dang, they used to just ignore folks.

OBIO
May 23rd, 2010, 20:46
Now here's something that may or may not be something (HUH?)...since I sent the message to Simnetwork, and they responded that they have removed my files from their server, I can not access the site. Is anyone else able to access Simnetwork.com? Is the site down for repairs or have they simply removed ME from their server and not my files?

OBIO

Talon
May 24th, 2010, 10:55
Now here's something that may or may not be something (HUH?)...since I sent the message to Simnetwork, and they responded that they have removed my files from their server, I can not access the site. Is anyone else able to access Simnetwork.com? Is the site down for repairs or have they simply removed ME from their server and not my files?

OBIO

That's typical of them Obio,they banned your IP address.Whenever anyone complains that's what they do.

I also went the Paypal route and still got no action.

A few years ago the Webmaster put up a post about all the addons on the site and said they were all freeware and could do as he wishes with them no matter what the author says.He also deleted all post from the original authors in the forums that complained their addons were on his site,than banned them.

Talon

safn1949
May 25th, 2010, 07:24

OBIO

It looks like they have removed your stuff,when I do a search with your name and the files pop up,I click on the link to the page and they are not there.I went through a half dozen pages.:d

Wild Bill Kelso
May 25th, 2010, 08:27
Huh - that's disgusting! :angryfir:

Just drafted an extended disclaimer.
What do you think about it?

These files are freeware and must remain FREE!
DO NOT EVEN TRY MAKING MONEY WITH IT!
Any uploading or hosting at pay based sites, taking charges for access or increased bandwith/download speed is PROHIBITED.
This means sites such as
fsplanet.com
simnetwork.com

Anything to be added?

Rami
May 25th, 2010, 08:35
Good Luck. They've had some of my old stuff for years and I was never able to get it took down.

Same here...I spoke out and was banned from that place.

Bjoern
May 25th, 2010, 17:16
Just drafted an extended disclaimer.
What do you think about it?

Anything to be added?

I would take out the "carges for increased bandwidth" since that would basically make that list a lot longer.
Just say the access to this file has to be granted free of charge and done.

major flash
March 27th, 2012, 13:43
Just a current note about this guy. I was on his site last week, and by the way, you'll wait a full 30 minutes for a download if you don't give him your credit card number. Anyway, I emailed him and questioned one of his policies, he blocked me form the site, sent me a very short email back which stated "F--- OFF NERD" then he used my email address to sign me up for every newsletter and free trial on the Internet. I reported him to the hosting company who has the server he's using in Chicago and they told me they are pulling his plug. So let's review, when you're a snotty, dishonest little S.O.B. it may take a while but you always get your come upence, always.

Maj. Flash

ps I live in Arizona too, ha ha ha.

Willy
March 30th, 2012, 09:33
Personally, I wouldn't be upset if the thief went to jail.

Duckie
April 1st, 2012, 11:08
Seems they are still pretty current with all the "new" SOH freeware available on their site, including all of Milton Shupe's latest.

$25.00 USD or 30 minutes, which ever comes first!