PDA

View Full Version : 'Matador Gored'

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2010, 08:40
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/gored_matador_gets_spain_and_suffering_uKtLPXB9Snn c3d4BRNZPUN

kilo delta
May 22nd, 2010, 09:03
Ouch...that's going to hurt!

Bjoern
May 22nd, 2010, 09:07
He knew the risks.

TARPSBird
May 22nd, 2010, 10:26
Matador's lucky the bull didn't rip his jaw off. :eek:

stiz
May 22nd, 2010, 12:57
ouch indeed! no sympathy from me though :sleep:

txnetcop
May 22nd, 2010, 13:25
A man's got to know his limitations...Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry.
Ted

tigisfat
May 22nd, 2010, 13:32
Some of the world's most manly men take on animals superior in strength and speed. Clearly this matador doesn't have what it takes to understand this animal and harness it's strength. I've included an example of the results of proper beast challenging. Note the casual look. Taming the great white shark is clearly inconsequential for our subject. One could surmise that after his pleasant morning ride, he'll meet leaders of state for a nice brunch.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/putin.png

I think we've all learned a lesson today. I will stay away from bulls and sharks, because clearly I'm not capable. On a side note, at least he'll live and surgery can probably fix that. He's more brave than I, and I hope that was the extent of his injuries. I'd shake his hand.

tigisfat
May 22nd, 2010, 13:36
ouch indeed! no sympathy from me though :sleep:

TONS of sympathy from me. A horn through the jib? Ouch.:icon_lol:

PRB
May 22nd, 2010, 13:39
Photoshop ... ?

If not ... ouchie...

AckAck
May 22nd, 2010, 13:46
Photoshop ... ?

Whose? Tig's? Yes - shadows are wrong... Putin's picture was from later in the day when the sun was higher. :d

Panther's? - don't know - pretty good series if not.

How did they get him off? Did the bull hold still while they slid him off?

(and, completely inappropriately - was the special of the day smaller that evening? If you know which joke that's from, I won't have to repeat it...)

Brian

Skittles
May 22nd, 2010, 13:47
Whose? Tig's? Yes - shadows are wrong... Putin's picture was from later in the day when the sun was higher. :D

How did they get him off? Did the bull hold still while they slid him off?

(and, completely inappropriately - was the special of the day smaller that evening? If you know which joke that's from, I won't have to repeat it...)

Brian

It's not a photoshop, you can watch the video online.

The bull pulls his head back after the gore, he doesn't toss the matador around at all (shame).

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2010, 13:52

Brian

Definitely not "Photoshopped" - true story...

Bone
May 22nd, 2010, 16:55
Ouch. Let's hope the man really likes smoothies and milkshakes.

aeromed202
May 22nd, 2010, 17:01
Aah, no vital parts hit. Makes a good picture for class though.

Ken Stallings
May 22nd, 2010, 17:48
Bullfighting is one of Earnest Hemingway's "real sports." His others were boxing and race car driving. As Hemingway said, a sport had to carry risk to life.

Well, he was a good writer, but in my humble view a lousy social commentator!

I see no point to this "sport," and really wish it would go away. For my view, it is really highly ritualized cattle butchering.

Cheers,

Ken

Willy
May 22nd, 2010, 18:45
A lot of veins and arteries in that area. It's a wonder if he didn't bleed out when he got loose.

Edit: Here's the news story for those that think it was photoshopped.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Matador-Julio-Aparicio-Gored-Through-Chin-During-Madrid-Bullfight/Article/201005415636589?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Page_Fe ature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15636589_Matador_Julio_Aparicio_Gored_ Through_Chin_During_Madrid_Bullfight

OBIO
May 22nd, 2010, 20:19
While I do not like the fact that the matador was injured....I equally dislike the fact that the bull was systematically tortured and abused. I am not a tree-hugging, animal rights nutball...but I do not think that animals should be abused or neglected. I grew up as a hunter. I downed many a deer, rabbit, squirrel, and goose...but I did my utmost best to ensure that those animals died as quickly and painlessly as possible. I also helped with the slaughter of many a hog and cow....and again, I did my utmost best to kill those animals as quickly and painlessly as possible. I have had the unpleasant, but necessary task, of euthanizing a good number of pets in my life time. I made darn good and sure that those beloved animals left this world without having to feel any pain as a result of my actions.

It is high time that "sports" like bull fighting and dog fighting, heck even Beta fish fighting, be brought to an end...yes, fish are animals too and deserve the same level of protection as dogs and cats.

OBIO

Wing_Z
May 22nd, 2010, 23:37
Beautiful.
To see bullfighting in perspective, you have to realise it comes from a time when it was fashionable to vanquish whole continents, slaughter and enslave entire populations, and rape and pillage whatever was left.

brad kaste
May 23rd, 2010, 07:09
Bullfighting in Spain is a deeply ingrained cultural thing. It goes back many hundreds of years. Even though Spain has become one of the more liberalized, progressive countries since the death of F. Franco,.... but heaven forbid,...that they'd give up their slaughter of animals in such a grand fashion. Senseless and inhumane to most of us,...but you won't convince a Spaniard of that.

magoo
May 23rd, 2010, 08:44
Karma and Darwin all rolled into one flick of the horn.

Bjoern
May 23rd, 2010, 10:13
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/putin.png

In sov-...err...Russia, you don't assassinate president, president assassinates YOU!

tigisfat
May 23rd, 2010, 10:24
Bullfighting in Spain is a deeply ingrained cultural thing. It goes back many hundreds of years. Even though Spain has become one of the more liberalized, progressive countries since the death of F. Franco,.... but heaven forbid,...that they'd give up their slaughter of animals in such a grand fashion. Senseless and inhumane to most of us,...but you won't convince a Spaniard of that.

+1. I won't pass judgement on their culture when virtually every society has customs others consider barbaric.

dominique
May 23rd, 2010, 10:36
The matador has in his hand a sword to stab the animal furious with pain because of the banderillas, for the amusement of the many. The bull got him before he stabbed it. What's wrong ?

Wing_Z
May 23rd, 2010, 13:33
+1. I won't pass judgement on their culture when virtually every society has customs others consider barbaric.
Absolutely agree...Big Macs spring to mind...wait, aren't they extinct by now?