PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth CH-53E

Quicksand
May 22nd, 2010, 05:31
Would any of our fabulous resident painters be interested in doing a Southeast Asia paint scheme for the Nemeth CH-53? We really need one for the new VN Project scenery... I've looked, and so far, only found one for the Alpha CH-53A... We gotta have a refueling probe for those long rescue missions...

tigisfat
May 22nd, 2010, 12:20
Would any of our fabulous resident painters be interested in doing a Southeast Asia paint scheme for the Nemeth CH-53? We really need one for the new VN Project scenery... I've looked, and so far, only found one for the Alpha CH-53A... We gotta have a refueling probe for those long rescue missions...

were there CH-53E's in Vietnam?

Quicksand
May 22nd, 2010, 15:57
The AF, Navy and Marines had A and C's, and the AF also had HH-53C's w/inflight refueling capability. This according to Lou Drendel, "Air War Over Southeast Asia". Hope this helps.. Any input from more knowledgeable sources is welcome...

skyhawka4m
May 22nd, 2010, 20:53
there were no E models in Vietnam.

JensOle
May 23rd, 2010, 00:24
For Vientam ops I would recommend Alphas CH-53A. There are some great freeware USAF SEA camo textures for it to make it the closest you get a Jolly Green Giant in FSX.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/csar-10.jpg

The big monster of the Echo model is of another generation than the 53's which were used in Vietnam. At least in my opinion, it does not look right as a Jolly look a like.
The CH-53E did not enter Navy and Marine service before in the early 1980's.

Quicksand
May 23rd, 2010, 01:29
Well, I guess I'll continue to dream.. I thought a C model w/IFR probe was very similar to the E, but being I just bought Deano and Co.'s wonderful P-36, I can't shell out the bucks for the Alpha A right now. I'm not even sure it comes with an IFR probe equipped variant anyway. Thanks for the input guys. I'm off to fly my P-36... Quicksand out...:salute:

tigisfat
May 23rd, 2010, 02:05
Well, I guess I'll continue to dream.. I thought a C model w/IFR probe was very similar to the E, but being I just bought Deano and Co.'s wonderful P-36, I can't shell out the bucks for the Alpha A right now. I'm not even sure it comes with an IFR probe equipped variant anyway. Thanks for the input guys. I'm off to fly my P-36... Quicksand out...:salute:

The Alphasim variant you want is the MH-53J Pave Low. It has an IFR probe, and I think MH-53J Pave lows were in fact used in Vietnam. The Alphasim variant has some truly great textures. Alphasim has that and the A model, don't get the A.

Quicksand
May 23rd, 2010, 02:29
Thanks for the info, Tig. I'll have to wait a while now, though, or face the wrath of Mrs QS, aka the Minister of Finance......

skyhawka4m
May 23rd, 2010, 05:21
Hey Quicksand......The MH=53J is kinda close to what you are looking for but like you I was always hoping Alpha would do the USAF HH-53C variant which had totally different style of fuel tanks and the refueling probe. The MH-53J has alot of modernized extrernal equipment especially on the nose, that were not on the Vietnam era birds. The CH-53A even without the refueling probe is I think the best bet.

JensOle
May 23rd, 2010, 06:54
Yeah the MH-53J was definitely not used in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Vietnam</st1:country-region></st1:place>. In general look I believe the CH-53 is the closest you get the HH-53’s used during the war in SEA.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Stinger
May 23rd, 2010, 07:28
Don't know if this helps, but here's a pic of my bird i served on circa late 1971 at NKP AB Thailand
It's the C model

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w197/usvaf_451/hh53nkp.jpg

mal998
May 23rd, 2010, 07:35
Yeah the MH-53J was definitely not used in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Vietnam</st1:country-region></st1:place>. In general look I believe the CH-53 is the closest you get the HH-53’s used during the war in SEA.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I agree...but you might need some different paints.

The CH-53A "Sea Stallion" was introduced in Vietnam in January 1965. It was the a heavy lift helicopter of the USMC and was used for various transport missions.

archangelmj12
September 10th, 2017, 16:01
The very best simulated CH 53 is from Dirty Dunken, it will be on another site and youll have to become a member, no charge, san claro or something to that affect, now when looking for it you wont find it unless you use the search box, type in sikorsky presidential, and there you will download the best CH 53s there are to date, i have the nemeth and the virtaviam all the way back to THE HONORABLE LATE RORY KELLY, this was the man that put the CH53 on the ms simulator way back when most didnt know what it was, i flew on the first real flights on the 53 in 73 qnd 74, and every chance i get i hop on. The very best aircraft that the U.S. has ever built that could take the beating, kind of like the P-47 Thunderbolt. I didnt forget the Huey, ..........

Penzoil3
September 10th, 2017, 16:58
Did you notice this thread was seven years old ?

Quicksand
September 11th, 2017, 08:24
Thanks for your reply, archangelmj12. Seeing this thread again was a blast from the past. I eventually got the Virtavia bird, and been happy with it. I hardly ever get time to fly these days... Maybe soon things will change.

awstub
September 11th, 2017, 10:39
Even though it's a 7 year old thread....it has resurfaced at a pretty opportune time.
Lots of Southeast Asia stuff in the works and helo ops will fit right in to things.

Victory103
September 11th, 2017, 13:33
https://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-18885.html

Brian_Gladden
September 11th, 2017, 15:19
Looks like the Neimeth CH-53E exterior model and paints with the Acceleration Merlin interior model.... Basicly a pirated model...:suspicion:

Victory103
September 11th, 2017, 19:02
Confirmed, also on the page is the Alpha/Virt MH-53J external model alias with FSX-A EH-101 interior.

Txmmy83
September 13th, 2017, 03:45
this guy Dunken did many Pirated Product uploads in the Past!!:banghead:

Stay Away from his files

Bjoern
September 13th, 2017, 08:03
Icing on the cake is the SR-71 with the F-18 VC. If there isn't a suitable cockpit, why bother in the first place?