PDA

View Full Version : Just a few random photographs I took today

OBIO
May 20th, 2010, 10:24
Today...I baked two 13 by 9 inch Blackberry Cobblers, using the last of the Blackberries I picked last year. It looks like we are in for a bumper crop of berries this year, if the number of blossom buds is any indication. I took a pic of the first cobbler...the second had just gone into the oven (it is about 10 minutes away from being done, give it 10 minutes to cool, then I am digging into it and going to slap a couple big fat scoops of slow churned vanilla ice cream on top of it...yum yum). And a few pics of our flower garden.

OBIO

In the pic of the cobbler..the giant tomato canister...that is where we keep our doggie cookies. Brutus and Hazel know the sound of that lid so well, that they can be sound asleep in the bedroom, and the sound of the cookie jar being opened brings them running. It is so terrible how spoiled our doggies are.

brad kaste
May 20th, 2010, 10:29
Gosh,....Vincent van Gogh OBIO,......paintin' his irises on canvas from the back yard. I didn't realize van Gogh OBIO created blackberry cobbler as well. Looks good. In fact,....I'll be over in about 20 minutes for a few slices.......

cheezyflier
May 20th, 2010, 14:26
looks awesome!

i miss pickin blackberries.

Navy Chief
May 20th, 2010, 15:13
Awesome pictures! I have two blueberry bushes that are full this year. I am anxious for them to ripen. Great on cereal!!!! And muffins!

brad kaste
May 20th, 2010, 16:35
OBIO,....it's odd that you blackberries bushes came in so early. Since they're similar to black raspberries,....which I have planted in the back yard,...they don't come in for another month. Maybe it's the early (for April) warm weather this year that you were able to make a cobbler with them. Or is this normal?...........

OBIO
May 20th, 2010, 19:42
The berries I used for the cobblers were the last of last year's harvest. Been saving that bag until I saw this year's berries in the making.

Right behind our house, there is a long 60 foot run of berry brambles. The first 1/3 are red raspberries, the rest are Blackberries. The raspberries usually end up in milk shakes, fruit smoothies and juiced for flavoring tea. The black berries...they are only used for the good stuff...cobblers and pies.

OBIO

Panther_99FS
May 20th, 2010, 20:33
That cobbler looks great! :jump: