PDA

View Full Version : Donationware SBD: looking for "fdgdau_mar1.zip "

expat
May 20th, 2010, 03:58
Trying to get the Donationware SBD to look right in FSX (testing AI a/c for the upcoming Solomons scenery) and found the very answer to my problem from David on another site (below). Cannot retrieve this fdgdau_mar1.zip from Avsim or Flightsim and on Google the only hit is David's post below.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=64645&mode=linearplus

Anyone have this or know where to find it?

Advice for people who want to fly this in FSX: it works great, but you need to make two modifications. If you have a wide black bar at the bottom of your screen, open panel.cfg with notepad and go to the end of the file; change SIZE_Y=4065 so that it reads SIZE_Y=6143. The second mod is necessary for SP2 and Acceleration. Get fdgau_mar1.zip from the AVSIM file library and copy CanopyFSX acc/glass_t.bmp to the clipboard. Paste it into all of the SBD’s texture folders, or you’ll have dirty windows.

Someone subsequently pointed out the correct file name is: fdgdau_mar1.zip - but that comes up empty at the usual sites and Google.

falcon409
May 20th, 2010, 04:18
I was going to down load the airplane from the SOH archives and run the fix for it and just send you the corrected texture (just a change in alpha channel is all it takes), but when I try to download the aircraft here I get a page 404 error, bummer.

Butcherbird17
May 20th, 2010, 04:56
I don't have the zip your looking for, but did do the alpha for the canopy glass when this first came out. I can zip it up and send to you, pm your email addy and i'll send it over.

Joe

expat
May 20th, 2010, 05:04
Ed/Joe - thanks for your help.

Joe - will PM you.

Regards

expat

Butcherbird17
May 20th, 2010, 05:23
Your welcome, email sent.

Joe

Henry
May 20th, 2010, 05:33
I was going to down load the airplane from the SOH archives and run the fix for it and just send you the corrected texture (just a change in alpha channel is all it takes), but when I try to download the aircraft here I get a page 404 error, bummer.
it works for me
anyone else having the same problem
H

mal998
May 20th, 2010, 05:36
Lee,
If you're looking for an SBD, you must check out the one from Vertigo Studio. It it 1st class and worth every penny.

No hijack intended.

mal

8350 8351

falcon409
May 20th, 2010, 05:38
Just tried again Henry, here's what I'm getting:

falcon409
May 20th, 2010, 06:21
I just tried again and it seems odd, but I can download the CFS version, but not the FS9 version. I also tried some of the other "donationware" aircraft and they seem fine. . .it's just that one airplane.

expat
May 20th, 2010, 07:28
Mitch - will check out that SBD. Right now I am trying to source aircraft to convert to AI in FSX for Roger-Wilco's Solomon scenery (now in beta) that are new enough i.e. FS9 era for the model to show up in FSX (in FS8 and CFS2 - where there are dozens of candidates - the visual models are "no show" in SP2/Acceleration) and at the same time aren't too tough on FPS.

Ed, et al - glad you are raising this, as I have been getting that same error message trying to download LOTS of repaint flies recently here in the archives - it is very hit or miss for some reason.

expat

mal998
May 20th, 2010, 08:20
you might want to try using this one by J.R. Lucariny. it's quite old but as you can see it shows up in FSX pretty well.

it needed a new aircraft.cfg and airfile. i've already swapped 'em out so let me know if you want to try them.

expat
May 20th, 2010, 11:00
Thanks for the tip!

falcon409
May 20th, 2010, 11:16
Yep, thanks Expat, guess that's the only option, as it appears that one file isn't available through SOH for some reason.:salute:

Dangerousdave26
May 20th, 2010, 12:20
Yep, thanks Expat, guess that's the only option, as it appears that one file isn't available through SOH for some reason.:salute:

Some day we will get all those old links cleared out.

All the donationware aircraft have been moved to the new database.

In the tab above click Warbirds Library then look on the list for Donationware. They are all there.

falcon409
May 20th, 2010, 12:25
Got it. . .I was going through the "archives" to get it.