PDA

View Full Version : Why can't FSX Have one of these???????

letsgetrowdy
May 20th, 2010, 02:21
FSX desperatlly needs an Me109J, also known as a Hispano Buchon! After visiting the ARCo hangar at Duxford a couple of days ago, I have become desperate to fly one. There are two at Duxford, G-BWUE and G-AWUE, and in my humble opinion I think they are prettier than the original Bf109 G's from which they were first modellled.

Mathias
May 20th, 2010, 02:54
You really like that?
I always thought it looks like a head-pregnant amphibian with that Rolls-Royce engine nacelle, totally out of proportion, and the German paint on it is pure folklore on those machines.
But then again I'm picky, and to each his own. :rolleyes:

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 02:55
FSX desperatlly needs an Me109J, also known as a Hispano Buchon! After visiting the ARCo hangar at Duxford a couple of days ago, I have become desperate to fly one. There are two at Duxford, G-BWUE and G-AWUE, and in my humble opinion I think they are prettier than the original Bf109 G's from which they were first modellled.

I personally hate the Buchon, I just think its wrong!

stiz
May 20th, 2010, 03:32
and the German paint on it is pure folklore on those machines.
But then again I'm picky, and to each his own. :rolleyes:

true but then they do play the part of a 109 better in films than a 108 does :icon_lol:

Naki
May 20th, 2010, 03:48
Rather have a Bf-109G thanks :salute:

letsgetrowdy
May 20th, 2010, 04:49
:icon_lol: Nah!!! The Rolls-Royce does it proud.... I think that the Buchon is a very significant historic aircraft, particually through the parts it played in the battle of britain Movie. It is the reason why all but two surviving 109s were Hispano built, and I think it deserves some recognision!
Sure I can't tempt you....
Here our some photos I took of G-BWUE at North Weald a couple of weeks ago...

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/areureadytogetrowdy/CIMG9502.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/areureadytogetrowdy/CIMG9503.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/areureadytogetrowdy/CIMG9504.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/areureadytogetrowdy/CIMG9513.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/areureadytogetrowdy/CIMG9561.jpg

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 04:54
if it had spanish civil war markings would be better... but i dunno, it look's ok... kinda Bf-190 'Lite' :icon_lol:

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 07:16
The Griffin completely spoils the beautiful lines of the BF 109, it's horrid, give me a Daimler Benz powered version anyway! Griffins are for Spitfires only in my opinion!

jetstreamsky
May 20th, 2010, 07:21
It's just wrong, like the Schmittfire

letsgetrowdy
May 20th, 2010, 07:31
The Buchon has a Merlin not a Griffon, Peter.

stiz
May 20th, 2010, 07:35
its quite funny when you think about it, the early versions where powered by an Rolls-Royce engine (kestral/kestrel) till the DB engine was made available, then they finished with an RR engine in it .. guess the frame just couldnt quit haveing the engine it wanted but was denied all its operational life :icon_lol:

Mathias
May 20th, 2010, 07:47
Very cool photos though, young man!

CheckSix
May 20th, 2010, 07:49
We can say yay and nay to this but it would be an extremely unique FSX model and one that i think a lot of folk would be downloading out of curiosity if nothing else. Piglet??? :D After the A-1E of course :) :) :)

Bjoern
May 20th, 2010, 09:44

a) FSX doesn't need anything desperately.

b) Why would anyone want to fly that butt-ugly abomination?!? The only place it belongs is the scrapyrad and not the sky.
I'd rather fly an Avia S-199 than this "thing".

c) If you want one -> GMax.

letsgetrowdy
May 20th, 2010, 10:52
Thanks Mathias - look forward to the Me108!

CheckSix
May 20th, 2010, 11:50
Why would anyone want to fly that butt-ugly abomination?!?

So... Ah... You don't like it then? :engel016:

JAllen
May 20th, 2010, 12:55
One of these things made a appearance at Aviation Nation at Nellis. I didn't even take it's picture it looked so bad. Sorry, wouldn't download it even it were available.

peter12213
May 21st, 2010, 02:19
The Buchon has a Merlin not a Griffon, Peter.

Yeah your right my fault, I always thought it was a Griffin for some reason??

Bjoern
May 21st, 2010, 06:24
So... Ah... You don't like it then? :engel016:

I'd rather saw my foot off than spend time with this...thing.

("Don't like" is too soft of an expression...even "hate" doesn't cut it.)

Erdinger
May 21st, 2010, 08:19

An FSX Buchón with a realistic handling would be a nightmare aircraft. The BF109F fuselage has an asymmetric fin to compensate for the Daimler Benz egine torque. However when Hispano Aviación produced the Buchón after WWII they could not get any Daimler Benz engines and had to use Merlins that rotate in the oposite direction so the asymmetric fin, rather than compensate for the engine's torque effect, actually made it much worse.

I have known pilots that flew it in the Spanish Airforce and they told me that it was thoroughly hated since take offs were a handful and many aircraft were written off in take off accidents.

In fact they told me that the torque was so bad that the standard technique was not to try to compensate the torque-induced yaw on take off but to allow the aircraft to take off in whichever direction the it wanted to take, what was possible because they were flying from grass fields

Bjoern
May 21st, 2010, 08:39
An FSX Buchón with a realistic handling would be a nightmare aircraft. The BF109F fuselage has an asymmetric fin to compensate for the Daimler Benz egine torque. However when Hispano Aviación produced the Buchón after WWII they could not get any Daimler Benz engines and had to use Merlins that rotate in the oposite direction so the asymmetric fin, rather than compensate for the engine's torque effect, actually made it much worse.

The Israelis had the same problem with their Avia 199s.

letsgetrowdy
May 21st, 2010, 08:57
I recently watched a DVD where one of the Duxford lads was describing flying the Buchon, and that it is a complete menace on the ground. The take off requires a full right rudder down as there is no rudder trimming avialable. The torque is meant to be very strong, although it can't be that bad as I've seen Buchons take off in formation at airshows...

Stratobat
May 21st, 2010, 09:27
There is one but it still has a long way to go before being ready for FS.

I'm currently working on another project. Once that one is out the door I'll finish this one.

Regards,
Stratobat

letsgetrowdy
May 21st, 2010, 09:38
Wow, sweet!
Although I don't think you'll get the same reaction from Bjoern! lol

I though that Buchons only had the three prop blades though...

huub vink
May 21st, 2010, 09:57
I though that Buchons only had the three prop blades though...

I think these pictures answer your question.....

http://www.easypedia.gr/el/images/shared/9/96/Hispano_Aviaci%C3%B3n_Ha_1112_Buchon.jpeg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Buchon.jpg

CheckSix
May 21st, 2010, 09:59
WTG Stratobat! Look forward to that one... Ok, its ugly but I don't much care about aesthetics I prefer the challenge of flying the beast. Keep going Strato :)

stiz
May 21st, 2010, 10:00
There is one but it still has a long way to go before being ready for FS.

I'm currently working on another project. Once that one is out the door I'll finish this one.

Regards,
Stratobat

aaahhhh so your the one felipe wanted the model for! :applause: :jump:

letsgetrowdy
May 21st, 2010, 10:51
Ha! My ignorant mistake...

Stratobat
May 21st, 2010, 13:42
Thank you for the words of encouragement, Letsgetrowdy and CheckSix :)

aaahhhh so your the one felipe wanted the model for! :applause: :jump:

Hey Stiz,

Hehe, I received two sets of source files from Felipe last year. One was the Hispano Buchon, the other a Curtiss AT-9 Jeep.

Felipe and I started working on the Jeep roughly five or six years ago and due to various reasons (Real life, computer problems, etc) it was never finished, so I would like to push that one out the hangar before I move onto the Buchon.

Regards,
Stratobat

Bjoern
May 22nd, 2010, 08:05
Although I don't think you'll get the same reaction from Bjoern! lol

Well, I consider it a waste of time... (;))

BUT! content creators for FSX (especially freeware aircraft) are fairly rare so...

Nice work Stratobat. Keep it up!

skyhawka4m
May 22nd, 2010, 11:34
We can say yay and nay to this but it would be an extremely unique FSX model and one that i think a lot of folk would be downloading out of curiosity if nothing else. Piglet??? :D After the A-1E of course :) :) :)

A-1E???? POOOOLLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!

warchild
May 22nd, 2010, 11:41
I'm interested in it. No, i dont mean as far as developing the flight model for it, although that would be a major challenge to get correct, but welllllll.
I'm working on three aircraft right now, or actually two, with one just starting up. And i've just purchased the new BN-2 that was recently released.
One of the aircraft i'm working on is basically, by the numbers. Even the design on the real thing was spewed out by a computer. it flies well, and can do some prety amazing things, but thats just it.. it flies well.
The BN-2, i take off and it dflies well. Nothing there to challenge me, except figuring out the damned kln-90 and thats no challenge.. Thats just book learning..
The OTHER plane i'm working on though. heh. it lands at the exact same speed it stalls at. The last three minutes towards touchdown are hairy scary and downright deadly. It stalls at fourty mph, yet the plane is losing altitude below 60 mph, and below 50 mph she wants to flounder like a fish out of water. she's all over the place.. Controling her is one of the biggest challenges i've ever faced. She's got personality. In spades!. The other planes?? meh, you take them up, you take them down. sosdd.
This new Buchon sounds like a nightmare. Like the Shmitfire before it, and a whole bunch of the first monoplanes ever designed., she sounds like a plane that you more make an agreement with, that control..
Personally, i think this sounds like a very interesting plane..