PDA

View Full Version : Iris Announce Eurofighter on Facebook!

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 01:08
I was very happy to see that I have won a free Eurofighter from Iris for quessing there next project, this link was included so I quess its open for all to see! many thanks Iris, it's the first thing I've won in years! :jump::jump::jump:

http://www.irisfss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33

kilo delta
May 20th, 2010, 01:31
Thanks for the HU, Peter. I'm looking forward to having a good Tiffie for FSX. :jump:

CheckSix
May 20th, 2010, 01:36
Congrats Peter and WTG DB and the IRIS team.

woody901
May 20th, 2010, 01:38
Gosh!!! I won on their forum also. Looking forward to it.

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 01:50
Gosh!!! I won on their forum also. Looking forward to it.

Well Done Woody, It was facebook I won on, can't wait to try it here!

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 02:14
hope you enjoy looking at the images guys.... and yup EFA Typhoon :wiggle:

AndyE1976
May 20th, 2010, 04:42
This is on my 'must buy' list. Been looking for a quality Eurofighter for ages.

Is this going to be a Pro series aircraft? Looks like it from the renders.

Smudge
May 20th, 2010, 05:38
Yup yup yup... We're hoping to aim for a VRS quality Eurofighter... lol. I'll be happy if I get 10% close to it! :D

dancoz
May 20th, 2010, 05:46
The VRS Superbug is certainly the bar to aim for in terms of systems modelling !!! Really looking forward to this one, give it your best shot lads.

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 05:59
yeah if we get within 10% will be good, i've pulled close to 70 hours on the go so far (No sleep) just working on the CFT's, investigating typhoon further and getting a paint list ready... all hands to the pump and noses to the grindstone! :jump: i'm gonna go look at more possible (and plausible) paints...

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 07:08
i'm gonna go look at more possible (and plausible) paints...
Well you know which one I'm after 17 (R) sqn!

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/images/080410-RAF-Coningsby/RAF-Eurofighter-Typhoon-F2-ZJ927-photo.jpg

CheckSix
May 20th, 2010, 07:44
Will it have the voice command system that learns your inflections & accent? :P :D

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 08:10
oh i have a texture list as long as my arm i could do, but thats all i'm saying...

Dag
May 20th, 2010, 09:23
That Typhoon looks mighty fine, congrats :salute: Best without CFTs though, as with the Viper... LOL. I guess I need to adjust to such things :isadizzy:

Thanks

arrowmaker
May 20th, 2010, 10:30
I was only saying a few day's ago that I couldn't understand why no one had managed to model a high quality Eurofighter for FSX, and then this announcement is made. I'm SOOOOOO happy! :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

empeck
May 20th, 2010, 12:46
Good! Nice to see an European jet in progress!

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 14:59
After a few Ales here I told all my friends that I had won one, they don't understand unfortunately, even my girlfriend has no comprehention of this magnificent project!

Smudge
May 20th, 2010, 15:12
Thanks guys...it's a long road ahead but hopefully shouldn't take to long with the team working on their individual elements.. :) Oh and I've brushed up on learning about draw calls etc so it should be well optimized for various systems.. :)

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 15:39
Voice activated systems may be a bit much to ask for but if you need any recordings of "Nagging Nora" please let me know! sadly enough I recorded them a long time ago! Her real name is Suesi Milne!

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 16:12
Naggin Nora.... Bitchin Betty.... Whiney Wendy.... theres so many names for her. :icon_lol:

peter12213
May 20th, 2010, 16:31
Naggin Nora.... Bitchin Betty.... Whiney Wendy.... theres so many names for her. :icon_lol:

Its Nagging Nora in the Raf like, Bitchin Betty's the F-16, never heard of Whiney Wendy, maybe thats your lass mate, or mine haha!:wiggle:

Thats it for me tonight fella's, good night! :salute:

tigisfat
May 20th, 2010, 16:44

lol, you've started something here. I've only heard bitchin' betty before. Whiney Wendy? :icon_lol:

Annoying Annie
Bothering Bertha
Complaining Cathi
D....
Echoing Edie
F...
G...
H...Hollering Hattie
I....Insisting Irma
J....
K...
L...Loud Lacey
M
N
O
Persistant Page
Q
Ranting Rachell
Screaming Susan
Talkin' Tammy
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

That's all I've got for now, but I'll bet that list could go on forever.:icon_lol:

ronvking
May 20th, 2010, 18:22
If you are doing a 3 Sqd scheme just be aware that its worth checking the badges on the tails and the codes.

Sometimes I've seen the bird facing to the right regardless of which side of the aircraft, then on another facing forwards on both sides.

Last week instead of the usual code starting with QO- I saw one with the code Q-OA and that had the bird facing left on the right hand side (ie to the rear)

So far of aircraft I've have photographed

ZJ917 QO-G bird facing forward both sides
ZJ720 Q-OA bird facing rearward on right and forward on left
ZJ937 QO-W bird facing rearward on right and forward on left

I'm also told that 11 Sqdn did have an aircraft with the roundel flash painted in reverse colours ie black inside and yellow outside as a mistake was made at the factory but I never saw that and understand it was corrected quite quickly.

Rgds Ron

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2010, 19:00
yup theres a lot, gonna do 6sqn ready for when they step back up, their aircraft are currently allocated to 3sqn if i recall...

UKMIL
May 21st, 2010, 03:45
no, 6 Sqn aircraft are currently parked in the 6 Sqn hanger, doing nothing. They have not flown for weeks due to some issues with them.

Matt Wynn
May 21st, 2010, 04:40
no, 6 Sqn aircraft are currently parked in the 6 Sqn hanger, doing nothing. They have not flown for weeks due to some issues with them.

well it's not raining so that can't be the issue, i remember that 'fault' on all the early typhoons :icon_lol: anyone know a rough date when 6 step back up to the plate? boy do i miss that squadron and it'll be good to have the flying can openers back in the skies... even without the Jag... which i do miss... oh well back to work on the project... just waiting for david to release the bird so i can wheel it into the paint hangar :icon_lol:

UKMIL
May 21st, 2010, 06:54
no, rain is not the issue. But the jets are gathering a lot of dust. 6 Sqn is still, at present due to form on 1st Oct, but do not bank on it happening.

dancoz
May 21st, 2010, 13:12
Mmmmmmmmm FSX Jaguar, er no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Smoothie back to the Typhoon pronto.
:jump::jump::jump:

Matt Wynn
May 21st, 2010, 13:38
she was moved to paint hangar this afternoon... now in my hands i'll try not to let you expectant lot down with the texturing :salute:

dancoz
May 22nd, 2010, 00:45
Any Screenies for us to drool over would be much appreciated...........

warchild
May 22nd, 2010, 01:30
Lets seeeeeee
Cuban eights... Check
Knife edge.... check
split s... check
Hi and lo yo yos... check
Back flips... check
Cobras... check
extreme horizontal maneuvering... check
Oh wait.. worng fde.. ::sigh::

Back to the drawing board.. ::LOL:;

Matt Wynn
May 22nd, 2010, 13:35
i'm keeping tight lipped, imposing my own eyes alpha principle and OPSEC, only the boss and team see my work, just starting work on the left side... thats all i will say :icon_lol: paint hangars gettin kinda well... mucky... wheres my white spirit (And no i do not mean my Ouzo this time...)

peter12213
May 22nd, 2010, 14:10
Can't wait for this jet now, you just know its going to be good!

strykerpsg
May 22nd, 2010, 17:28
I too hope it see's the light. I was disheartened when the Aardvark fell to the wayside, as well as their F-35 and C-27. All would be fantastic in FSX splendor, but know there have been some difficulties getting them completed. I have always wanted a well done EF for FSX as well, hopefully with some VRS fidelity in the electronics department of RADAR and such......keeping my fingers crossed for a Superhornet sparring partner.

Matt

Matt Wynn
May 23rd, 2010, 00:44
I too hope it see's the light. I was disheartened when the Aardvark fell to the wayside, as well as their F-35 and C-27. All would be fantastic in FSX splendor, but know there have been some difficulties getting them completed. I have always wanted a well done EF for FSX as well, hopefully with some VRS fidelity in the electronics department of RADAR and such......keeping my fingers crossed for a Superhornet sparring partner.

Matt

F-35, C-27 are still on the books as far as i know, C-27 in paint hangar also... had to cover her up while i paint the 'phoon :salute:

strykerpsg
May 24th, 2010, 05:19
F-35, C-27 are still on the books as far as i know, C-27 in paint hangar also... had to cover her up while i paint the 'phoon :salute:

Thanks Smoothie for the update. I have most of Iris' latest releases and followed them like a zealot until many of their promised titles started to become vaporware. I would love to see those titles re-emerge as I feel a lot of the Iris titles are some of the better, less complex payware models for purchase. Looking forward to the EF in all of it's splendor and renewed faith in Iris.

Matt

Dave Torkington
May 24th, 2010, 12:20
I was pleased to see the EFA on Iris's books, but I have to say I'm still more than a tad teased by the Iris 146 'Teaser' that I invested in a while back... Surely it should have been upgraded to a 'torment' version by now, especially to those expecting to have been satisfied by a fully fledged Iris standard 146.

Sorry if I sound a little hassled, but I'm not a great fan of the peek a boo releases, especially when they're released with a partial promise of a final or de-teasing version that at best appears to struggle it's way to the front of the hangar. :frown: