PDA

View Full Version : Begginner question

Marlin
May 19th, 2010, 23:53
How do turn off the red on-screen display?

For example, "Parking brake", "Zoom 3X", "Spot", "Replay"

You'll have to excuse the beginner questions please, but it has been over a year since I have been able to fire up my flight sim due to compounded and worsening computer problems.

But now I have a new mother board (ASUS P5Q Turbo), new processor (Core 2 Quad Q8300) and a new 500G harddrive so we should be good to go for the Gold pack that should be here tomorrow.

It has been way to long since I have been able to fly and boy let me tell you that I'm ready!

I'm sure that I'll have more newbee questions as I lost just about everything.

Thank you,

tigisfat
May 20th, 2010, 00:03
How do turn off the red on-screen display?

For example, "Parking brake", "Zoom 3X", "Spot", "Replay"

You'll have to excuse the beginner questions please, but it has been over a year since I have been able to fire up my flight sim due to compounded and worsening computer problems.

But now I have a new mother board (ASUS P5Q Turbo), new processor (Core 2 Quad Q8300) and a new 500G harddrive so we should be good to go for the Gold pack that should be here tomorrow.

It has been way to long since I have been able to fly and boy let me tell you that I'm ready!

I'm sure that I'll have more newbee questions as I lost just about everything.

Thank you,Some, like the parking brake and replay, won't go away. Others, like the red in the top left, will go away by hitting 'SHIFT+Z' a few times.

The camera controls, like zoom, spot and such, will go away on their own after a few minutes.

Newbee questions aren't a problem here, you know that. :ernae:

congrats on your new setup! Good luck.

Marlin
May 20th, 2010, 00:17
Your in for a treat Tig, as there IS a .cfg entry that makes all that stuff go away. Somebody will post it soon I'm sure.

All those red words make for crappy screenshots.

The biggest thing that I lost was my 'cheat sheet' that had all those tips and tricks on it, so if you or anybody would like to post any cfg tips that would be GREAT!!!:ernae:

kilo delta
May 20th, 2010, 01:01
Open the FSX.cfg

Under the MAIN heading paste the following

HideInfoText=1

Close and save the .cfg file

bstolle
May 20th, 2010, 05:20
Or individually:

InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True

jetstreamsky
May 20th, 2010, 07:15
Or individually:

InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True

Anything for just the camera info top right?

Lotus
May 20th, 2010, 08:03
Anything for just the camera info top right?

Yup, that's easy to get rid of...

In the FSX.cfg look for this line, in the [Display] section...

ChangeTime=4.000000

Just change it to 0.

That value sets the number of seconds that the sim will display the view and zoom info after a change in cameras.

Cheers,

-Mike

jetstreamsky
May 20th, 2010, 10:20
Thank's Mike, that's the one that keeps getting in the way everytime you adjust the view for screenshots, the others are more useful and less intrusive mostly.

Marlin
May 20th, 2010, 11:44
Thank you very much gents! :salute:

tigisfat
May 20th, 2010, 11:48
Your in for a treat Tig, as there IS a .cfg entry that makes all that stuff go away. Somebody will post it soon I'm sure.

All those red words make for crappy screenshots.

The biggest thing that I lost was my 'cheat sheet' that had all those tips and tricks on it, so if you or anybody would like to post any cfg tips that would be GREAT!!!:ernae:

OMG, I am glad I learned that!! That's cool. It's too bad I lost my FSX to the PMDG MD-11 a few days ago.