PDA

View Full Version : Received/installed new video card, but......

Navy Chief
May 19th, 2010, 19:41
There's no display at all. Zip, zero, nada.............

On recommendation of some fellow SOH members, I bought a MSI Nvidia 260GTX OC with twin fans.

But, after doing some checking, my power supply is only 430W, vs the minimum 500W that MSI shows as a requirement for this card.

Could that be why I have no display????

I have the two power connectors hooked up, and the card powers up. But nothing on the screen.

NC

I ordered a 600W power supply. Should be here next week.

Lionheart
May 19th, 2010, 20:02
Arrrghh.... Sorry that happened.

kilo delta
May 20th, 2010, 01:24
Yep...blank display is due to the original PSU not have enough power......though Ted did recommend a good psu with the 260GTX.
:)

Snuffy
May 20th, 2010, 02:56
Like anything else Pete ... no power no go.

If the supply isn't big enough to provide what is required, it ain't gonna work no matter how new the card is.

Recommend that you go find a good 600 watt PS and swap out. ;)

Navy Chief
May 20th, 2010, 03:03
Like anything else Pete ... no power no go.

If the supply isn't big enough to provide what is required, it ain't gonna work no matter how new the card is.

Recommend that you go find a good 600 watt PS and swap out. ;)

Yep....ordered a 600W Thermaltake PS last night.......thanks! NC

txnetcop
May 20th, 2010, 05:18
600 watts ought to do ya if it has enough amperage at +12v
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Navy Chief
May 20th, 2010, 05:26
600 watts ought to do ya if it has enough amperage at +12v
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Here is a link to it. Are the specs ok? Would appreciate the advice!

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1264&ID=1898

NC

txnetcop
May 20th, 2010, 05:29
I always use single rail PSUs for building gamers but the dual rail one you chose is fine! It will run the card. What speed and make of RAM do you have in your PC Chief?
Ted